Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, PhoenixRising), 32 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444519 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#202994 - 02/01/08 03:52 AM Re: Dad Called... [Re: AndyJB2005]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Andy,
I agree with USMC97 if he is truly psychotic and is a danger to himself or others then they will have to do something.

It's your decision how you want to handle it. You could always call the VA and ask some questions to find out more on this and see if it is something that would be helpful to yourself. He could be made ward of the state depending on where he is.
I don't know all the laws but I do know if he is dangerous there is something that can be done.

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#203140 - 02/02/08 09:08 AM Re: Dad Called... [Re: GateKPR4]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Andy,

Whatever you are able to do, please know you have our care and support no matter what.

Lots of love,

John

#203186 - 02/02/08 01:49 PM Re: Dad Called... [Re: WalkingSouth]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Thank you everyone, again. \:\)

The trouble is that he checks himself into these places. There's no legal thing we can do to keep him there if he checks himself in.

He drives me so crazy though. Anyway, he hasn't called since Thursday so at least it's not an every day thing.

When he's so "nice" and "polite" I get really triggered. When I was a kid he wanted to do everything so nice for me. Buy me nice tapes and toys, go out to eat, let me see movies my grandparents wouldn't let me see, joke around, etc etc. Now it feels like he's playing that sick game all over again.

Anyway...thanks. \:\)

#203267 - 02/03/08 12:37 AM Re: Dad Called... [Re: AndyJB2005]
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
It doesn't matter if he checks himself in... if he is deemed at any time to be a danger to himself or others he would no longer be there voluntarily. He'd be in the real psych ward, which in a lot of VA facilities we call the "flightdeck". There they are locked in, supervised, treated, restricted.... everything.

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.