Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
6 registered (JW1230, Dave PNW, traveler, CafeMan, 1islandboy, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444202 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#203012 - 02/01/08 10:02 AM Hope for a future
weapher Offline

Loc: Oregon
I started therapy for my abuse in December and wonder now why I waited over 25 years. I am felling so much more grounded and my emotions have been fairly consistent now for several weeks and when they are not I have been able to find new ways to bring myself back to a good place.

I owe a lot to the MS site and the men who are here. You all are an inspiration and your stories of surviving helped me see that I am not alone and there is a future.

I was reading the psalms the other day and as I read this one it took on a whole new meaning. (Psalms 37:4-6)

The desires of my heart over the course of my life was to survive the emotional chaos in my head every day. As I have started to heal I am beginning to see other things and my desires are really starting to take shape.

Not sure where I am going with this other than to say that THERE IS HOPE!. I never imagined that I would ever feel normal and as I am continuing my treatment and healing I believe that "normal" is attainable some day.

Anyway... for those of you who might be a bit discouraged this week... hang in there. There is hope. God does have a plan for our lives and it is to be healed.

Psalms 37:4-6 Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light and your judgment as the noonday.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

just a thought

weapher

#203014 - 02/01/08 10:30 AM Re: Hope for a future [Re: weapher]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Thanks weapher.

Some days hope seems short in supply.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#203018 - 02/01/08 11:55 AM Re: Hope for a future [Re: FormerTexan]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Weapher,

In the last year, I have begun to read>

#203019 - 02/01/08 11:57 AM Re: Hope for a future [Re: DanM]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Weapher,

if I may share one that's been a great strength and comfort for me lately...

Psalm 121:8   The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and for evermore.

m

#203073 - 02/01/08 06:49 PM Re: Hope for a future [Re: MarkK]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
These posts are inspiring to me. For a long time my Father was God to me. As a little boy he was God's spokesman for my life. He was a pastor and evangelist and I was in awe. However, he was also my abuser physically, emotionally, and sexually. I accepted this a part of the God I knew and assumed I was bad.

Mom really introduced me the the REAL Father God. I took a long while to distinguish between the two but when I did he helped me, protected me and loved me and guided me to other resources for my help and healing. His word has been a great comfort to me. Now when I pray, I begin my prayers with "Dear Heavenly FATHER...." He has been everything that my earthly father was not. I would not be here without his help and my mother's prayers and I know it.

Roger

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.