Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (Steve J, I Want 2 Thrive, 2 invisible), 60 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62500 Topics
438058 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#202786 - 01/31/08 10:05 AM Question Raised by reading other post
mvnforwrd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
After reading another post about religion/God.

I have decided to jump into the waters.

I was abused for many years repeadiatly by A man/priest. The abuse started when I was 13 and continued for many many years. I have lots of questions about Religion but I really do not blame God. The devil infotrated orginized religion.
Since I was 13 and blinders were put on my eyes to faith I stopped growing in orginized religion. I went through the motions not knowing what was going on because I had to. I had to go to church and be active or else I was gonna have to reveal my shame and guilt(abuse). This continued until last July when I spoke out about the abuse. I havent been in a church since. I have no interest in orginized religion but I do have interest in God. I am a praying man.

#202789 - 01/31/08 10:16 AM Re: Question Raised by reading other post [Re: mvnforwrd]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
May I suggest you look into un-organized Chritianity? That's what I've been a member of since I was 14 yo. In fact, if a church has a "national affiliation" I stay way from it...pure and simple. I KNOW its entirely possible, in this nation, to find an independent church where no man's power or influence is any greater than anyone else's.

Just a thought.

Still's Globs

New Video

#202790 - 01/31/08 10:30 AM Re: Question Raised by reading other post [Re: Still]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Rob,

I think that's a good idea if one wishes to be uninvolved in the organized. There are many autonomous churches in the nation.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#202802 - 01/31/08 11:45 AM Re: Question Raised by reading other post [Re: FormerTexan]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
mvnforwrd,

You seem to be a spiritual sort of person, so I think what's important here is that you find what will work for you. Religion isn't something that you owe to some corporate body like the Catholic Church, Methodist, Presbyterian, or whatever. Your religion is between you and God.

Personally speaking I can tell you that not being a part of any church at all - not having a church "home" - is something that causes me feelings of loss and makes me think of God as something I can't face. But that's just me. The question is what YOU need. If what you are doing now fills your needs and leaves you spiritually content, then hey, that should be just fine with God too.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#203002 - 02/01/08 09:01 AM Re: Question Raised by reading other post [Re: roadrunner]
weapher Offline

Loc: Oregon
MVN

My walk with God is between me and Him. Just as yours is... however, when you decide to pursue your relationship with Him and earnestly seek Him in this time of healing, He will, through the direction of the Holy Spirit, give you the desires of your heart.

God isn't concerned so much as to where you attend. He is interested in you. You will know when the time is right. I was a youth leader, staff elder, and pastor for several years. I just returned to the church in April after being away from "organized religion" for 3+ years... where we go to church has nothing to do with our relationship with Christ.

keep seeking

weapher

#203092 - 02/01/08 09:28 PM Re: Question Raised by reading other post [Re: weapher]
mvnforwrd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
I am reminded of something someone told me many many years ago...

We only walk with one set of foot prints because if You are in times of need God will cary you if you are walking with no special needs you will cary God.

That sums up my relationship it is me and God Then and now!

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.