Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
6 registered (skyguy, Won'tGiveUp, watzupwitu, traveler, tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444478 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#202662 - 01/30/08 08:09 PM Sleepers Triggers!
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Sleepers (1996) Cast Robert De Niro, Dustin Hoffman, Brad Pitt, Kevin Bacon and Jason Patric

Has any one seen this movie?

I watched it last night its about these kids who grow up in the 1960's, they got in trouble and were sent to a boys school for a year.

While there they meet Kevin Bacon he is a guard who is horrifically abusive towards the boys.

the boys finally are released two of them are never able to recover and fall into a life of crime. However Brad Pitt's character becomes a DA and Jason Patric's character becomes a writer.

The first two characters run into Kevin Bacon in a bar they confront him and kill him. Brad Pitt is assigned their prosecutor Pitt and Patric then manipulate the trial to get there old friends out of trouble.

The end of the movie made claims that it was a true story. I am curious to find out more about it.

Just curious if any one has seen it or read the book.

Edited by theatrekid (01/30/08 08:10 PM)

#202675 - 01/30/08 08:23 PM Re: Sleepers Triggers! [Re: theatrekid]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
yeah its a great movie. the book is better.

#202696 - 01/30/08 09:18 PM Re: Sleepers Triggers! [Re: Jarrad]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Yes I have seen it and had lot of triggers watching it for some reason. Oh well Duh. Never mind.

Roger

#202706 - 01/30/08 09:54 PM Re: Sleepers Triggers! [Re: Freedom49]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
The movie I thought was very good. But, Yea, It produced many triggers for me.

My T asked me to watch Antwone Fisher which I did a few weeks ago. It too is a good movie. I am in the process of wanting to confront my brother who was my Perp. The outcome was very helpful for me.

I would be curious if anyone else saw this movie also.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#202808 - 01/31/08 12:14 PM Re: Sleepers Triggers! [Re: KENKEN]
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
I've seen this movie too and I thought it was very good, it did trigger alot in me also but I thought it was good, it really nailed the emotions and feelings that we have all felt, and the Actors who played the younger scenes I thought played their parts very well and made it very belivable. I'd have to recomend this as one see even tho it can be triggering.

I've tho seen 'Antwone Fisher' whats the story in it?

Dean.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.