Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443285 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#202453 - 01/29/08 11:29 PM St. Louis Missery* (sp) support group
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
OK guys, I may be crazy for trying this... but here goes.

I am a friend of another survivor in the St. Louis MO area, who has some college training in counseling. He and I have talked about starting a support group for about six months.

We would be very interested in setting a regular meeting time, and starting this group.

I wish to stress, neither of us are professionals. We are looking at this group as a support group!!!!! Not a therapy group!!!!!

I for one love this site, but at times, I would like to meet face to face with other survivors. I can talk and express myself so much better in person. (I know what you're thinking, "but you write so well") LOL

Anyway, if you are interested, please PM me and we can talk about the details.

Luv ya,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#202501 - 01/30/08 02:34 AM Re: St. Louis Missery* (sp) support group [Re: Scoutvictim]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Opps,

I also wanted to mention this would be a "free" group. We are trying to pull a few strings, and get a meeting place for free, but if we have to rent a space, we may have to take up a weekly collection.

Hope to hear from anyone who is interested.

Luv ya,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#202525 - 01/30/08 08:15 AM Re: St. Louis Missery* (sp) support group [Re: Scoutvictim]
alphabravo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
I would be intersted. Cuz I dont write pretty like Carl. He is a good talkr.

LOL,
Thomas

#202573 - 01/30/08 12:23 PM Re: St. Louis Missery* (sp) support group [Re: alphabravo]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Man, I so wish I was still out living in St. Charles. I'd be there in a heart beat. :-)

I've actually been thinking about starting up a local support group in my area if I ever find anyone else with my troubles. Would give people just starting to deal with all this someone to talk to.

I agree, I'm longing for the face to face contact. This is all great, but personal contact for me is so much deeper and healing.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.