Newest Members
wraphd, blufish, JPmc, rr433, pjmd
12435 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mTm (55), Oz (28)
Who's Online
4 registered (wiresguy1, Still, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12435 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445809 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#202302 - 01/29/08 12:44 PM Re: Blueshift's rant [Re: buzz_key]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: buzz_key
while it is true that i have had my run ins in this forum, it has always been on an individual basis, due to the person, not their sexual orientation nor because they were an atheist, solely on the individual...

I would have to agree. But then, that's the human race. Individual. Unique. People.

\:\)

M

#202316 - 01/29/08 01:40 PM Re: Blueshift's rant [Re: FormerTexan]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
"I personally have no problem whatsoever with people posting how
angry they are at God, or expressing rage over "why didn't God help me?" Those are legitimate questions."

So being angry at God is fine, but saying he doesn't exist is objectionable. Is that what you are saying?

"Any statement that keeps the point of view in the realm of "I think" or "I feel" is completely valid."

I think that though i may not have made it clear enough that these are only my opinions, i don't believe that anything i said was outside that realm.

I feel you are only looking for reasons to support your own prejudice against people who's beliefs differ from yours.

So the above two statements are completely valid, right?

#202321 - 01/29/08 01:46 PM Re: Blueshift's rant [Re: blueshift]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
"So being angry at God is fine, but saying he doesn't exist is objectionable. Is that what you are saying?"

No, not really what I'm saying. I'm saying take it somewhat out of the realm of fact.

"I think that though i may not have made it clear enough that these are only my opinions, i don't believe that anything i said was outside that realm.

I feel you are only looking for reasons to support your own prejudice against people who's beliefs differ from yours."

Sure, just as I can say that I feel statements you made borderline prejudice against people of faith.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#202322 - 01/29/08 01:48 PM Re: Blueshift's rant [Re: Lazarus]
blueshift Offline

"Our presence here is almost as offensive as a homophobe in Gay survivors. After all, there are only two groups of people left who it is still Politically Correct to be prejudiced against; Gays and Athiests. Gays and "Non-believers"..."

Based on what i have been seeing here i guess i have to agree with you on this one. It's a shame. I'm sure there are many others who feel the way i do but feel they cannot express their feelings freely on what seems to be a Christianity dominated forum.

#202323 - 01/29/08 01:55 PM Re: Blueshift's rant [Re: FormerTexan]
blueshift Offline

"Sure, just as I can say that I feel statements you made borderline prejudice against people of faith."

Since all the statements i made referred to beliefs rather than people who hold them, i am sure that you would feel that way about any statements made that express opposition to your beliefs.

#202328 - 01/29/08 02:06 PM Re: Blueshift's rant [Re: blueshift]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
"i am sure that you would feel that way about any statements made that express opposition to your beliefs."

As I am sure you would feel the same way about your beliefs. I think in reality we all do.

I once made a statement in another thread about mankind that an individual took personal umbrage to. Was I talking specifically about this person? No. Was I talking about a specific group of people? No. Was I talking about anything that would point to any characteristic about him at all, other than being mankind? No. In fact my statement lumped me in with everyone else. Yet it was taken personally.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#202329 - 01/29/08 02:12 PM Re: Blueshift's rant [Re: buzz_key]
blueshift Offline

"because of all the prejudice i have observed in this forum, the majority comes FROM Gays and "non-believers" TOWARDS Christians..."

Towards Christians, or toward Christianity? There is a big difference here that it seems like a knee-jerk reaction to over look.

"I find it interesting that Christians are ALL lumped together here and judged as one..."

I do not judge Christians for being Christians. I say what i say because i want Christians to free themselves of belief structures that harm them.

#202333 - 01/29/08 02:26 PM Re: Blueshift's rant [Re: FormerTexan]
blueshift Offline

"As I am sure you would feel the same way about your beliefs."

Actually no. If someone on this site criticized atheism or Taoism, as long as their statements are clearly about the beliefs and not about the people holding them i would not be personally offended, nor would i suggest that they were doing anything improper by expressing their views in this forum or any other forum.

Might i argue with them about their critisisms? Probably, but would i suggest that they should keep their opinions to themselves? Absolutely not ! I like a spirited debate on this subject and believe strongly in everyone's right to speak their mind about ideas and beliefs.

I don't believe that anyone should attack another person on this site for any reason, but as long as they are talking about ideas rather than people, i would strongly defend their right to speak freely whether their opinions are opposed to my beliefs or not.

#202335 - 01/29/08 02:36 PM Re: Blueshift's rant [Re: blueshift]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Quote:
I say what i say because i want Christians to free themselves of belief structures that harm them.

this is the thing that I absolutely do not understand???

how is Christianity hurting me???

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#202337 - 01/29/08 02:39 PM Re: Blueshift's rant [Re: blueshift]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Might I suggest that a lot of what is being said here is based on stereotypes? Stereotypes do nothing to help anyone. We must see each other as individuals, with our own histories, thoughts and views. None of us believe exactly the same thing, and those beliefs should be respected, not belittled, derided, or called wrong. No one really knows the answer to the "God question", so there is no way to know if anyone is truly right.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.