Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (JW1230, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63786 Topics
445430 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2018 - 08/08/04 08:03 AM Re: Why not me?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I am reading this through again, and responding again, because *I* need it right now. And I think when you come back here online again Andrei, you need to see your own words again, and realize what an amazing person you truly are.

(((((((((((Andrei))))))))))))))))

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#2019 - 08/08/04 09:03 AM Re: Why not me?
Shawn_L35 Offline

Andrei,

We talked the other night and I asked if I could use your post in a forum I belong to. You agreed. I wanted everyone to see how much pain someone can be in, yet still find something positive in all of it. Everybody is always "why me?" But for the first time, I've never seen anyone write "Why Not Me?"

You have such a beautiful heart and soul Andrei. I hope you know that. There are so many of us here that see it. You have such a gentle way about you. You have a way of thinking that is so innocent, yet so wise.

Thank you again for posting this and sharing it with me.

Shawn.

#2020 - 08/19/04 12:13 PM Re: Why not me?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

This needs to be read and understood by some people here.

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#2021 - 08/19/04 04:26 PM Re: Why not me?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Leosha, how I agree with you!

Andrei
you quote a philosopher, and you write as one yourself.
With a philosophy such as the one you wrote, you have a wonderful future ahead of you.
Thank you so much for sharing that with us all.

Dave

#2022 - 01/22/05 01:47 PM Re: Why not me?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sorry if it offend anyone that I 'bump' this post again. I searched it because I needed to read it, to think on the thoughts in here. But I think the words and wisdom are worth reading again, or may be worth it to new people also.

Leosha

#2023 - 01/22/05 02:59 PM Re: Why not me?
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Leosha,

Thanks for "bumping" up Andrei's post. We all need to reread it at times. The newer guys need to read it, too, for the first time. I keep a copy of "Why Not Me?" in my desk at work whenever I am feeling down. It certainly puts things in perspective for me, although I can no longer claim the part about being young. LOL

Another good post to read is a more recent one. It can be found in the Public Forum Male Survivor section. It is a response to Markw under the title "Rough Time". Bobby wrote it to Mark, but I think it fits a lot of us here at Male Survivor.

#186107 - 10/10/07 06:34 AM Re: Why not me? [Re: FLRich]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bumping for a friend. It taken a lot of looking though!

VN

#186124 - 10/10/07 07:55 AM Re: Why not me? [Re: VN]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Visha,

Thanks so much for doing this. I had never seen Andrei's post, and it's beautiful. So much to think about, and in such a positive way. Right now I think it's especially important to look at things in this way.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#186424 - 10/11/07 02:37 AM Re: Why not me? [Re: roadrunner]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you Larry. I write this post when I first had cancer, the first time, and I was in the world of 'why me' and 'it's not fairs'. Those questions, they may be valid. But they are not helpful. I learned from that, and I hope to try to stay away from that thinking now. Sometime I do 'slip' into it, and sometime even for large blocks of time. But I realize, to think as that do not help me, and I have to drop it to find my happiness again. I much prefer that, and I am only one who can be responsible for it. So I try.

Andrei

#186435 - 10/11/07 03:04 AM Re: Why not me? [Re: ak]
copenbay Offline

Hi,

I'm amazed and inspired by your positive outlook, Andrei. If more people had your attitude, maybe the suffering that comes to so many would be more bearable. Thanks for writing what you did. It helps many of us, more than you know.

Ed

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.