Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 31 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444519 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#202182 - 01/28/08 11:30 PM Old Queen and the Owl
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Hello everyone, this is a true story. I lived it last night, but I have to say, it was actually a very positive step for me.

The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Just a little background.

Until the WOR in October of 2007, I had been isolating. I totally cut out all social activities, and I found myself being a major recluse. In October I started a new business with my little brother. Until last night, I still had avoided social gatherings. I would deal with people in a business setting, but never could muster the courage to try socializing.

OK.... Now the Old Queen and the Owl

Once upon a time, in the not to distant past, the majestic "Queen Gayboi" and his 15 year younger brother, the "Prince Straightboi" deceided to host a special sporting festival. This festival would be the largest such event in the kingdom of St. Louis. We would get our townsfolk to pay for the right to try a brand new product, before it would be released to the "subjects".

The maker of this product would bring a bunch of samples and give us a special price, so we could offer deals to our "commoners", who love to play this sport. The manufacturer of this product sent two of his "Knights" to provide technical support. The old "Queen" and the young "Prince" gathered many of the court "Jesters" to help run this festival.

The festival started at 8 in the morn, and the old "Queen" started setting up for the merrymaking at 4. The "Prince", "Knights" and "Jesters" arrived about 7, and the loyal subjects were soon to follow. The sporting festival went off without a hitch, and was very rewarding to the "Queen" and "Prince". As the "Knights" saw how well the "Royals" could put on a festival, and in turn present the product, they began to plan a celebration.

The "Knights" offered to take the "Royals" and their "Jesters" out to a giant feast. The "Queen", who was much older than all the others, began to crave a nice juicy steak. Unbeknownst to the "Queen", the "Prince" and "Jesters" had talked the "Knights" into their choice of an eating establishment. The "Queen Gayboi" had avoided this institution for most of his life. Many of the kingdoms subjects enjoyed this restaruant, and it was flourishing throughout the land.

When the "Queen" found out the plans, he thought about how tired he was, and that this would be a great excuse to go back to the castle and not socialize. As the festival wore on, and everyone continued to make the "Royals" much money, the "Prince" kept prodding the "Queen". Finally as the festival came to a close, about 6 in the eve, the "Queen" relented, and agreed to go to the "Owl" restaruant.

"Queen Gayboi" was keeping a huge secret from the "Knights" and "Jesters". "Prince Straightboi" knew the secret, and he also knew how the "Queen" would feel out of place. This information caused the "Prince" to redouble his efforts to get the "Queen" to feel comfortable.

As our carriages arrived at the establishment, the "Queen" felt a bit cynical. He had never been inside this institution, and began to feel like he was a trader. The mood among the 9 other honored guest, was that of joy. They walked through the doors and found a table large enough for all. The "Queen" was amazed at how the restaruant was decorated, but the biggest shock was the way the "serving wenches" were clothed.

This establishment was commonly known as "Hooters", but the "Queen" knew they meant something about "Owls". The "Jesters" of course, wanted to enjoy their ale, and have some meager chicken parts. The "Prince" did his best to get the "Queen" to enjoy himself. All the "Queen" could do was stare in shock at the bright orange unmentionables these young girls, who brought us our mugs, wore as everyday clothing.

The "Queen" was careful to not partake of the ale, but did begin to enjoy himself. The closest the "Queen" got to steak, was something from the kingdom of "Philly" with onions, peppers and cheese. It was not the chicken scraps, the others ate, but it was being paid for by the "Knights". The "Prince" could tell the "Queen" was starting to loosen up, so he began to enjoy himself. As the night wore on they all began to talk and share the camaraderie.

The "Queen" started to ACT like he liked the built, busty, curvaceous, full-bosomed, blond "serving wenches", all the while worrying his guarded secret would get out. But, with a few well placed sexual innuendo, the "Queen" kept his cover, and the "Knights" and "Jesters" were none the wiser. Drinking games and much hilarity ensued, and all had a great evening. Even though the "Knights" were in the kingdom for business, this was a social gathering.

The Old "Queen Gayboi" had actually fought the fear of social events, and made a huge step towards ending his isolation. Deep down the "Queen" really did enjoy himself, but beagn to wonder why there isn't a place where the "serving wenches" could all be men. They could also wear their unmentionables, and many of the closeted loyal subjects of the "Queen", could enjoy chicken scraps with some sort of hot sauce. That may be a plan for the future, anyone interested in an investment deal?

The moral of the story...

Wether you're a "Queen", "Prince", "Knight" or "Jester" don't forget to try and be social. Also, let the "serving wenches" turn your head, it doesn't hurt to look.

Luv ya,
Queen Gayboi Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#202201 - 01/29/08 12:38 AM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: Scoutvictim]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
You are to much. that was very clever. Thanks I needed that.

Roger

#202260 - 01/29/08 08:55 AM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: Freedom49]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
I also enjoyed reading your posting....it was entertaining!

Dan

#202266 - 01/29/08 09:24 AM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: DanM]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right Behind You!
That was cool. I'm SO freaking clueless I got excited and shouted "*OO*ers" when I figured it out \:\)

You are brave. I would have been hiding under the wall paper there.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#202303 - 01/29/08 12:47 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: Still]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
VERY clever and entertaining and meaningful Carl...thanks

buzz

#202346 - 01/29/08 03:06 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl *DELETED* [Re: buzz_key]
awakening Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by awakening

#202349 - 01/29/08 03:21 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: awakening]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Guess I'm not sure what clan I'm in :-) I'm not a queen, nor am I a prince that likes to gawk and oogle the ladies. Places like hooters and strip clubs don't appeal to me at all.

#202395 - 01/29/08 08:22 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: JustScott]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
Carl, not only a cleverly presented story but the huge step is the most important part of the story. Remember the feeling and the satisfaction from the experience of facing the fear and coming out smiling! Look at what you can do!

You go boy!

Peace,
Dan

#202487 - 01/30/08 01:17 AM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: Danbuff]
Scoutvictim Offline

Hear Yee, Hear Yee...

To all who have concern!!!

The most honorable "Queen Gayboi", monarch of the kingdom of St. Louis, has ordered that all shall gather for a grand festival.

At this gathering, the "Queen" will bestow upon the "squires" of the Order Of MS, the most high honor of "Knighthood".

For their devotion to the Order of MS, and courage while fighting the dragons they face, the following shall be rendered to the level of "Knight".

-Roger, from the House of Freedom49
-Dan, from the Dynasty of DanM
-Robbie, Duke of the Browns
-Buzz, Lord of the Key
-Awake, from the Clan of "Prince Straightboi"
-Scott, from the Kingdom of PA
and
-Dan, the buff Longbowman of NY

By following the "Knight’s" Code of Chivalry they have promoted generosity, courtesy, compassion, and most importantly, loyalty.

It is so decreed by the "Queen Gayboi", that hence forth, these noble men shall be called "Knight" and can be addressed as "Sir" when drawing near.

This pronouncment has been made this 30th day of January, in the year of our Lord 2008.

Thank you,
"Queen Gayboi" Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#202518 - 01/30/08 07:40 AM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl *DELETED* [Re: Scoutvictim]
awakening Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by awakening

#202559 - 01/30/08 10:48 AM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: awakening]
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
Hmmm. I was taken to a local owl's nest and there wasn't much to hoot at. I've seen more on MTV. At least there were no frogs legs on the menu.

ribbit

#202569 - 01/30/08 12:11 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: Scoutvictim]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Carl, You have no idea how much warmth and love I'm feeling from your declaration right now. If I ever manage to get back out to St. Louis, and you don't mind, we totally have to hang.

#202586 - 01/30/08 01:18 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: JustScott]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm not sure I like being the "Duke of Browns"....but yeah....we all still need to rideth through St Louis and raiseth hell.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#202686 - 01/30/08 08:47 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: awakening]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
over the summer i saw a show that asked a question i have been wondering the answer to this question since then. the question was, what do you do with a BA in English?

I guess this is what you do with a BA in English.

#202718 - 01/30/08 11:22 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: theatrekid]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Carl what's that I see on your pic... how long have you been queen anyway???

#202726 - 01/31/08 01:48 AM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: frost]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Oh here, fine sirs, am I...just a young page from the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Where be'ist the Queen, oh fine gents? Might I partake in ale with yon Highness far outside the owl's nest as well? lol

#202780 - 01/31/08 09:42 AM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: AndyJB2005]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh young page...your journey must beginth at the lakes and endth at the Great Arch.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#202972 - 02/01/08 12:35 AM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: Still]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Very well! On my trusted stead, on!

lol

#203020 - 02/01/08 12:06 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: AndyJB2005]
Scoutvictim Offline

"Squire" Froggy,

I too failed to find much to hoot about, at the Alehouse of the Owl.

"Jesters" Christopher, and Frost,

Ye talents and humor, are well accepted. If yon "Nobles" choose to cast ye aside, rideth to my kingdom, ye will be welcomed unto my "Court".

"Young Page" Andy,

Beginth yon journey, from the Land of 10,000 Lakes, and ye shall be accepted at mine table, to partake of this kingdoms best ale.

and to my honored "Knights"

Sir Awake, from the Clan of the Straightboi,
Sir Robbie, the Duke Of Browns,

and
Sir Scott the IMPORTANT, from the land of BrokeNShattered,

To reward ye efforts in the battle and eventual conquest, of the dragons and demons ye face, (those that bringith us to this place called MS) I "Queen Gayboi" do hence forth extend to ye an invite.

The commoners of my Kingdom host a large Renaissance Faire, and all are welcome. http://www.stlrenfaire.com/index.html

If yon journey doesn't coincide with their schedule, mine drawbridge is always lowered for the fearless "Knights" of my reign.

To all who wisheth, come forth, and raiseth hell or just lift an ale, ye are welcome to share in the camaraderie. Ye all share a brotherhood that shall bond us for life, and yon large Arch can act as a gateway for thy recovery.

Don ye finest armor and gather thy lance, mount yon trusty stallion and commence over hill and dale to this fine kingdom. If the tavern of the Owl is not to yon liking, I can seek out another fine barrel house for fraternization.

Luv ye all,
Queen Carl

P.S. It's getting harder and harder to stay in character. Oh well, I started it. LMAO \:D

#203021 - 02/01/08 12:36 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: Scoutvictim]
alphabravo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
Carl. You are very funny. Its an honor to live in your land. The land of St. Louis.

GO CARDS!!!!!

Thomas

#203084 - 02/01/08 08:47 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: alphabravo]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
OK Carl I'll say it again - YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!!

To you and all the newly crowned Knights of MS - this fair maiden is in awe of your battle prowess and looks upon your bravery in awe. *mmm?, is it appropriate to curtsy or sweep my flowing skirts in a low bow*

ROCK ON........Trish

#203098 - 02/01/08 10:12 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: Trish4850]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

LOL!

Carl, I be much stirred to amusement by this kingdom of MS and the foray into the hoot owl realm of chicken parts! \:\)

Thy talent be wisely used!

John

#203112 - 02/01/08 11:43 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: WalkingSouth]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Awesome-ly creative!

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#203134 - 02/02/08 08:28 AM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: alphabravo]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

OOOOOOoooo Ren Faire..... If I can possibly find a way, I'll be there :-) Love Ren Faire's, been to the one near Lancaster PA quite a few times. Absolutely wonderful! While I was there I bought myself a bottle of HoneyMeade, wow was that good!!!

My wife says she'd love to go too, so crossing my fingers that plans, money etc, can all hold out!!!

#207430 - 02/25/08 10:23 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: awakening]
clarivan12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia -- DC area
i loved reading your post. it was well written and entertaining but the most important aspect of the story was you took a chance and it turned out great in the end. this was something i needed to read badly.

luv ya,
philip

#207588 - 02/26/08 06:58 PM Re: An Old Queen and the Owl [Re: clarivan12]
Scoutvictim Offline

Ahhhh,

A late arrival.

Ye too shall be bestowed the title of Knight.

Hence forth, ye shall be known as Sir Philip of the clan of Gaybois.

Let it be known that these fine men have followed the Knights' code of chivalry:

*To never do outrage nor murder
*Always to flee treason
*To by no means be cruel but to give mercy unto him who asks for mercy
*To never force ladies, gentlewomen, widows or others
*Not to take up battles in wrongful quarrels for love or worldly goods

Due to the fine standing ye have with the Queen, let it be known that all fine gentleman have a seat at her highness' table. Which from this day forth shall always remain round.

This table, was created to have no head or foot, representing the equality of all who arrive to partake in the kingdoms finest ale. Yon fine drink shall be created by the famous alchemists Earl of Anheuser and Duke of Busch, the keepers of the brew.

Mount thy steeds, and commence unto the land of the glistening arch, thy Queen awaits yon arrival!

Queen Gayboi

#210956 - 03/15/08 11:55 PM Re: Old Queen and the Owl [Re: Scoutvictim]
tricitylady Offline
New Here

Your Majesty Queen Gayboi Carl,

My Lord, as one of your very much built, busty, curvaceous, full-bosomed, red-headed "serving wenches", I am so pleased that you enjoyed the festival last night. I realize that you abhore most social gatherings, but please do not hesitate to frequent our establishment, as your presence is always a great honor.

Your loyal servant,
Veronica from the isle of Roger

#216125 - 04/07/08 11:57 AM Re: Old Queen and the Owl [Re: tricitylady]
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The High Seas
Ahoy there, ye majesty! Garrr... Thy story bringeth forth a bountiful smile to me haggard olde pirate face. Might thy Kingdom welcome a tyred olde pirate from the Land of the Penguin? Arrrrrrr!

#216693 - 04/08/08 11:50 PM Re: Old Queen and the Owl [Re: Darren]
Scoutvictim Offline

Ahoy, Pirate Darren from the land of Penguin!

Thy Queen has long pondered the formation of a band of knights to toil the waves of the big muddy, on the eastern edge of her majesties kingdom. If ye, a haggard olde pirate, wish to serve as leader of this band of protectors, thy Queen would honour yon service.

Be it known hence forth, ye shall be charged with the duty of building a fleet of barges to ply the flowing waters. Whence built, ye shall gather squires and school them in the fine art of water battles. All to gain favour of Queen Gayboi, and to fend off invading hordes from the far off land of the rising sun.

Thy Kingdom of St. Lou, shall be associated with ideals of justice, bravery and truth. Tis the virtues of my knights, and hence forth the virtues of yon pirates.

Accept this adventure and ye presence is graciously welcome.

Luv ya,
Queen Carl

#216817 - 04/09/08 01:18 PM Re: Old Queen and the Owl [Re: Scoutvictim]
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The High Seas
Arrrrrr... Aye, this olde Pirate accepteth yer Majesty's generous proposal! Shiver me timbers, I shall make it me solemn duty to protect yer Majesty's Kingdom from rogue forces and invading hordes!!! Arrrrr!! Aye, Yer Kingdom be now safe in me hands! Arrrrr!!!

#216994 - 04/09/08 11:43 PM Re: Old Queen and the Owl [Re: Darren]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
May Your Highness ne'er discover that Spirit most baneful, call'd by men Despair, darkening o'ermuchly thine spirit; thy Royal merry-making causeth much lightness of heart amongst thy loyal Subjects.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.