Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (Seekingwisdom, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64157 Topics
447679 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#201933 - 01/28/08 12:49 AM Wii
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
I got a wii it is so much fun \:\)

#201934 - 01/28/08 12:53 AM Re: Wii [Re: theatrekid]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I wanted one of those for christmas.

#201935 - 01/28/08 12:55 AM Re: Wii [Re: Freedom49]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

It is so cool but i dont have games for it yet just the original mario bros. \:\) a got it from a friend used but i got a really good deal only $100 so no complaints from me.

christopher

#201969 - 01/28/08 06:07 AM Re: Wii [Re: theatrekid]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Christopher,

You comment reminds me of the days when my son was playing Mario Bros all the time. I thought that music would drive me crazy. \:\) I heard the Wii is a lot of fun - I keep thinking, "What's next?" When I was a teenager we had no cell phones, no computers, no Internet, and very few people even had color TVs. When this subject comes up I can tell that my son (now 23) and daughter (20) feel incredibly sorry for me and wonder how I survived!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#201973 - 01/28/08 06:35 AM Re: Wii [Re: roadrunner]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
We also got a Wii for christmas and I agree that it is a lot of fun. Not to mention, really great exercise for us old guys. When I play a couple of rounds of tennis, a game or two of bowling and a fitness test, I get a really good aerobic workhout!

Also got the Guitar Hero for the kids, but guess what? I love it just as much as they do. My old roommate back in the USAF was an avid lead guitar player, and I was always jealous of the fun he had. He would stand in the dorm windows and crank it up for all the 'dormies' to enjoy, and he was really good. Now, I can have just as much fun as he did, minus the dorm. My kids are amazed that I'm pretty good!

Yes, Wii would like to play!

Laz

#201982 - 01/28/08 07:51 AM Re: Wii [Re: Lazarus]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
I bought a Wii for the kids at Christmas. As much as i dislike video games, I have to admit that the Wii sports games are a lot of fun. For once, I can look forward to playing vieo games with the kids. It reminds me of those virtual golf games.

And Larry, I think we were fortunate to grow-up in a time when there were no video games, cell phones and internet. I notice with my boys, if you don't watch them and encourage them to go outdoors, they would sit in front of the computer or video games all day. It seems they get hyper stimulated when they are at it for long periods of time.

Dan

#202091 - 01/28/08 07:38 PM Re: Wii [Re: DanM]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry My dad is about the same age as you and he tells me the same things as you said about technology in his day.

Dan i dont think you are fortunate to have grown up in a time without such amazing technology. I love the wonders of nature but i dont think it is fair to blame the video games for keeping kids inside. i think the whole culture has/is changing and part of that change is losing interest in the Great Out Doors. To change this i think parents and schools should encourage more out door activities. I go to school at 7 in the morning and besides walking from the english hall to the theater i dont get out side until 3 or 4 in the afternoon and in the winter by that time it is to late and to cold to enjoy it.

Christopher

#202101 - 01/28/08 08:43 PM Re: Wii [Re: theatrekid]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Why back when I was a kid we had we had walkie talkies, anyone remember those? And CB radios were all the craze. Mood rings and black lights. We got a color TV when I was about 8 so lets see that was in 1971. We got an Atari system and played pong. oh the good ol days. Now I play Duke Nukem 3D and Quake4.
I still don't like cell phones nor do I own one. I have a work one because I'm on call . I like my games but I also doing creative things like playing music and wood working. Wii looks fun though \:\)

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#202174 - 01/28/08 11:24 PM Re: Wii [Re: theatrekid]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Very good, Christopher! Gonna share?

#202177 - 01/28/08 11:28 PM Re: Wii [Re: WalkingSouth]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

I always share, i am a very social being.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.