Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438140 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#202069 - 01/28/08 05:05 PM gotta love family...
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
ok, so the younger of my older sisters is in town with her hubby and they (of course) want to get together for dinner and yakkity-yak. she and i have an "ok" relationship - i don't think she was "involved" with any of the abuse - though i think she knew of some stuff.

my son is excited, he loves his aunt and uncle. my wife really enjoys getting together with my sister.

me?

i just hate having ANYthing to do with ANY of them. it would help if i had specific memories, but mostly i don't. just foggy remembrances and "gut-level feelings". i also don't know why i'm posting this except i need to get it out somewhere, and i know some of you guys will understand.

sometimes i think my family is the bane of my existance...

M

#202070 - 01/28/08 05:17 PM Re: gotta love family... [Re: MarkK]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Mark I can definately relate. My dad would call me once in a blue moon to chat, He seldom let my mom talk to me on the phone. He would ask how I was doing and what was happening in my life but then interrupt and talk for 10 about him and hang up. I often wondered why he bothered.
My sister freaks out any time I start to talk about jour relationship with each other and so I keep it light and don't do that any more. It is very lonely in my family. Especially now that mom and dad are gone.

Gotta love family,
Roger

Edited by Freedom49 (01/28/08 05:18 PM)

#202108 - 01/28/08 09:16 PM Re: gotta love family... [Re: Freedom49]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
Mark,

Most of my family, I love to be around, but I have an older brother who for whatever reason makes me very nervous. I love his kids and grandkids as well my other 3 siblings and their kids and grandkids it is just this one brother that I have trouble being around.

I think my whole reason for telling you this is simply to let you know that you are not alone.

Love ya
Darrel

#202133 - 01/28/08 10:30 PM Re: gotta love family... [Re: Derdlecar]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Mark:

Knowing me like you do I can relate 100% how you feel. I am at the point in my life that I want to write all 7 of my bros and sis's out. If I never hear or see any of them again will be too soon. Other than my bro. who SA me. He will hear and see me one more time. After that I am thru with all of them.

I am feeling you might have to put on that "Happy Face" for the benefit of your wife and son though. I know you will do the right thing.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#202135 - 01/28/08 10:36 PM Re: gotta love family... [Re: KENKEN]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

i know you can, Ken. i thought about you tonight - remembering all you have gone through and are going through helped give me the courage to "put on a happy face".

thanx

m

#202226 - 01/29/08 05:56 AM Re: gotta love family... [Re: MarkK]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Mark,

Coming into this one a little late I think but I just wanted to let you know I understand that warm fuzzy feeling at the thought of spending time with family.

My family is rather emotionally dysfunctional. I wasn't abused by a family member or anything, but there is years and years of everyone tip-toeing around one another within my family that is just adding up to a gigantic load of crap.

I have my good days and my bad days with them. Things have been somewhat easier since disclosing about the abuse.

Hope your dinner went [or will go] okay. I know how hard it is to put our old masks on after we've been at the healing thing for a while. Maybe every once in a while though is good practice \:\)

All the best,
~Brian

#202284 - 01/29/08 11:24 AM Re: gotta love family... [Re: frost]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Brian,

it's never too late to offer support and understanding.

thanx.

M

ps - yeah, dinner was ok

#202304 - 01/29/08 12:49 PM Re: gotta love family... [Re: MarkK]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Mark,

I understand that sometimes family and friends are different people.

As I live with my parents, I am getting used to it, but I have trouble relating to other relatives.

You are not alone.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.