Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
2 registered (sentry, I Want 2 Thrive), 58 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
437998 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#201677 - 01/27/08 01:14 AM Re: I came foward with what happened to me [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Dude. Offline

Loc: USA

Edited by Dude. (01/28/08 09:52 PM)

#201678 - 01/27/08 01:17 AM Re: I came foward with what happened to me [Re: Dude.]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Dude,

I confronted the man who abused me in 2001. I thought that this would take care of all my problems and I would finally be able to get on with my life. Unfortunately, I quickly learned that this was just the beginning of my journey.

My advice to you would be to find a good therapist who specializes in childhood sexual abuse. The district attorney will probably be able to introduce you to some of the sexual abuse advocates that work in your county. They should be able to recommend a qualified therapist. You may also consider asking the DA for information on the Victim's Compensation Board to help pay for therapy.

Good luck and stay strong! This is YOUR time to heal!

Brian

#201679 - 01/27/08 01:22 AM Re: I came foward with what happened to me [Re: Brian]
Dude. Offline

Loc: USA

Edited by Dude. (01/28/08 09:52 PM)

#201681 - 01/27/08 01:29 AM Re: I came foward with what happened to me [Re: Dude.]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Good for you! Please consider calling the therapist as soon as you can. It really can make a world of difference! Be careful not to expect too much, too fast. Unfortunately this can be a long process but it is well worth the time and effort!

Brian

#201697 - 01/27/08 07:41 AM Re: I came foward with what happened to me [Re: Brian]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dude--------------------I Hope you find your peace-----------------and get rid of this ball and chain--------------------Steve

#201723 - 01/27/08 10:22 AM Re: I came foward with what happened to me [Re: OKIE MIKE]
mvnforwrd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
DUDE that is awsome you are in a place were many of us wish we were.When reading your story , for a moment I felt JUSTICE for myself. Thankyou for sharing DUDE. And it is great you live in a state that has no statue of limitations. All states should have no time limit on when we speak out.

Way to go DUDE.

#201739 - 01/27/08 11:38 AM Re: I came foward with what happened to me [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Minute2Minute Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MB, Canada
Hey Dude,

Your courage is amazing. The pain may seem unbearable, but you WILL get through it. You have strength you may not be giving yourself credit for. I just wanted to give you a word of caution about anti-depressants though. 10 years ago I had emotionally bottomed out. I didn't realize, or wouldn't face, that the severe depression was a byproduct of my abuse. I started taking anti-depressants and never asked for help. The drugs did numb the pain, and allowed me to "function". But, 10 years later, everything came back a thousand times worse. With the anti-depressants, I was able to continue to block and ignore dealing with my abuse. But the impacts of the abuse never went away because I never dealt with them. I'm trying to deal with it now, but I feel like I wasted a lot of my life just functioning rather than living. You've taken a huge step by coming forward. Be proud of that. Anti-depressants may seem like the way to go, but without some real counseling and the love and support of those around you who care, they may not be the best thing for truly healing. I would talk to a therapist and your doctor first, and explain to them about the abuse and what you are really going through, and then decide. I can only speak from my own experience and you need to do what you feel is right for you. I just wanted to caution you that anti-depressants will "numb" the pain, but without talking to a therapist and educating yourself about the impact of what has happened to you, they may just get in the way of truly healing. I'm STILL on anti-depressants and it's overwhelming for me too, but the best thing for me was to come forward and ask for help. THAT is what is really helping me get through this.

Take care of you. \:\)

#201758 - 01/27/08 02:03 PM Re: I came foward with what happened to me [Re: OKIE MIKE]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
You truly are amazing and so strong.

I am impressed and feeling that what you allready have done is making me want to also do the right thing.

I am glad you found MS. Everyone here is great and will help you along your road to healing.

Stay strong, you are awesome.

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#201765 - 01/27/08 02:23 PM Re: I came foward with what happened to me [Re: Dude.]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Glad you came forward. Looks like you did the right thing which will set healing in motion for many people, including yourself. A powerful act of courage that will change so many lives.

Healing can be a long journey but I believe it is possible.

All the best,
~Brian

#201767 - 01/27/08 02:37 PM Re: I came foward with what happened to me [Re: sabata]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Dude Great work on bringing justice forward. I also think that getting a good T is the most important thing you can do. Remember the T works for you and you have the right to pick that person who will help you get better.

Tom

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.