Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 37 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63117 Topics
441399 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#201614 - 01/26/08 07:45 PM Re: ? about PMs [Re: GateKPR4]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

It's not so much that we're concerned about you PM'ing a minor inadvertently. No one is going to ding you for that unless the communication is inappropriate otherwise.

As to tagging them in some way so that everyone knows who they are, we choose not to do that because we don't want any minors here exposed unnecessarily as a specific target. There were some specific problems in the past that led to these restrictions.

Basically the approach we take is to ask our membership not to establish any "hidden" or private relationships with minors or any other users on this site that would not pass examination in "the light of day". If you follow this principal there will be no question even if you do send an inadvertent PM.

Edited by walkingsouth (01/27/08 09:09 AM)

#201617 - 01/26/08 08:04 PM Re: ? about PMs [Re: WalkingSouth]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Originally Posted By: walkingsouth

As to tagging them in some way so that everyone knows who they are, we choose not to do that because we don't want any minors here exposed unnecessarily as a specific target.

I was thinking about that aspect of the issue as I wrote my last post. But I was also thinking of the adults, we don't want to get in trouble.
You made your point clear as what not to do, and I understand that fully. Thank you for clarifying the policy.

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#201649 - 01/26/08 10:56 PM Re: ? about PMs [Re: Jarrad]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity

#201653 - 01/26/08 11:09 PM Re: ? about PMs [Re: WalkingSouth]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I guess that makes sense. Thanx for clarifying that. I just don't want stumble into anything here that makes me look like a possible predator, but at the same time i'm open to whatever guidelines need to be in place to prevent the worst case scenario where a young person comes here for help and ends up being being re victimized as a result.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.