Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
5 registered (BluegrassGhost, Airmid, 3 invisible), 62 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438144 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#201386 - 01/25/08 08:32 PM "Hey! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!"
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
"We don't need no education. We don't need no thought control." That song made me think of school teachers I've had who hurt me by singling me out and making me feel like sh* because of my showing symptoms of my already having been hurt to begin with. I particularly remember the p.e. teacher in my first year of high school making some comment of my needing to "get with it" because i was " walking around like some kind of zombie" . Everyone laughed when he said it and it set me up to be the kid that everyone picked on and who had no friends for the rest of that year and the year after too.

I was a zombie...because i had been abused! So how did that make me deserve to be ridiculed?

#201479 - 01/26/08 09:15 AM Re: "Hey! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!" [Re: blueshift]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
blueshift,

You didn't deserve that at all, and I can relate to how you feel. My nemesis in high school was an absolute bastard of a gym teacher who missed no opportunity to mock me for being shy and not a jock at all. I think the low point came when I wrote a poem as a tribute to Robert Frost, who had just died. The gym teacher said in our class that "all poets are queers" and "only queers write poems about other queers". What a piece of work. Another occasion he blamed me for writing a term paper on North Vietnam: he asked me if my parents were "commies" and wondered why I would write a term paper about an African (!!!!!) country without any culture.

I wonder if assholes like this can still get into the system. I hope not. I watched for it when my own kids were in school here in the UK, but nothing like that appeared.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#201558 - 01/26/08 02:41 PM Re: "Hey! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!" [Re: roadrunner]
blueshift Offline

An African country! lol Good thing they didn't have him teaching geography! I laugh, but it really is sad that idiots like that manage to get jobs where they can oppress young people with their stupidity.

#201561 - 01/26/08 02:44 PM Re: "Hey! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!" [Re: blueshift]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
My wife is a teacher and a good one and she sees this kind of thing way to often where a bad person in put in charge of impressionable kids and inflicts all kinds of rudness and harm on them.
So sad. All some want is a job with three months off.

Roger

#201661 - 01/26/08 11:49 PM Re: "Hey! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!" [Re: Freedom49]
blueshift Offline

yeah, they need a job with twelve months off! All in all they're just another brick in the wall.

#202114 - 01/28/08 09:25 PM Re: "Hey! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!" [Re: blueshift]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
I've always referred to my main perp as my Teacher. He was actually my piano teacher, and he taught me a lot of other things. Anyway, the phrase "Teacher! Leave those kids alone!" has always struck a deep chord in me.

I love Pink Floyd.

Lazarus

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.