Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443006 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#201168 - 01/24/08 04:38 PM Am I in The Right Place ?
Calanthe Offline
New Here

Loc: California
Am I in the right place?

I do not want to take away from others experiences or pain but I was sexual abused when I was a young adult (26) not when I was a child. Is the right place or is there another place.

I do relate a lot of what have read and while I did not face the same level of vulnerability that as young child faces my perpetrator exercised a tremendous amount influence over my spiritual life and my concepts of my own eternal salvation (I thought he was my last hope to be spiritually healed and saved).

Anyway, I just want to make sure this is right place before I start getting into all the gory details.

I have had other childhood survivors discount my damage as result of my age or erroneously interpret my story as some how discounting their experience and I do not want to go through those experiences again.

So if this is the place great if not please refer me to the appropriate area.

Thanks,

Cal

And given the choice I will save my ass first everytime(STC)

#201169 - 01/24/08 04:59 PM Re: Am I in The Right Place ? [Re: Calanthe]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
You're in the right place Cal, we're all here to overcome sexual victimization no matter what our age. So settle in and welcome to malesurvivor. You are most definately welcome here.

Stay strong
Mike

#201171 - 01/24/08 05:12 PM Re: Am I in The Right Place ? [Re: mogigo]
mvnforwrd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Welcome Cal,

I was abused for many many years by the same person and it lasted well into my 20's. I have not once had anyone say anything about my age and I have not read anything that says anything other then a victim is a victim regardless of there gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. so I would say you are at the right place to start healing. welcome
mvn4wrd

#201177 - 01/24/08 05:43 PM Re: Am I in The Right Place ? [Re: Calanthe]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Welcome to MS Cal,
You are in the right place
This is from the Male Survivor bylaws
Quote:
Section 1.2 Mission Statement.
The mission statement of the corporation is as follows: We are committed to preventing, healing and eliminating all forms of sexual victimization of boys and men through treatment, research, education, advocacy and activism.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#201383 - 01/25/08 08:23 PM Re: Am I in The Right Place ? [Re: GateKPR4]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Cal,

Welcome to MaleSurvivor. You are most definitely in the right place, and no one here will run you down because you don't have the right "qualifications". Many guys here (including me) were abused into adulthood and will have a pretty good idea of the problems you are talking about.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.