Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
7 registered (focusedbody, Jim1961, manipulated, don64, 2 invisible), 36 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63777 Topics
445381 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#200680 - 01/22/08 01:25 AM WHO CARES
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I am finaly at the point that I just don't give a shit. I'm tired of going to the Veterans Hospital. Because the shrink that I have ben seeing for the last few years just does not seem care . She is there to collect a check and doesn't care less about the Veterans that come in for help . All that she does is throw pills at them and tell you to come back in a few months. I have ben going sense 2000 and it has not helped with my anger issues or the depresion. So why bother

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#200686 - 01/22/08 03:15 AM Re: WHO CARES [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Mike? I know that you have recently tried to track down this guy that raped you, have you exhausted every means at your disposal to do this? As the months and years have gone by in the time I've gotten to know you, I've come to feel that you need absolution and justice. I think you need to find this bastard and expose him and make him pay. Have you done everything you can to find him?

#200749 - 01/22/08 01:45 PM Re: WHO CARES [Re: Hauser]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Hauser I have tried every trick that I know of. The federal government is the one source that knows for sure what has become of him. Because he was a lifer in the army and most likely retired from active duty some where around 1987 to 1989.
I have tried to get my Congressman and my Senitors to help me with this information. But the privacy act prevents them from this. He should be about 63-64 years old at this time.
This crime happened off of Fort Hood Texas in Houston I still believe that he had some conection with Houston . I have searched the Social Security Death index and found several
people that fit his profile in the Houston area that are dead.
That would suck if he was dead, because I wanted to kick him in the balls . so that he would experence phisical pain equil to the emotional pain that I have lived with for over 30 years.
The bigest problem is that there are so many hispanics that fit the profile of E***** H********
But if he is dead I still want to find his grave and tahe a piss on him

#200751 - 01/22/08 02:10 PM Re: WHO CARES [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Might I suggest that you consult Legal Aid in your area? I'm assuming that you would qualify for their low-income requirements. There are SURLY unturned legal stones that you could inquire about, or rather, the lawyer that would be representing you.

Lawyers tend to have access to resources that normal civilians cannot get to without paying money. A lawyer could find this guy, but you're gonna have to disclose what happened to you. Are you prepared to do such a thing? I hope that you are, because I would like to see you at least try.

Are you aware of what Legal Aid is? LA is an organization of Lawyers that do legal work for FREE to low-income or disabled people. They have exceptions for what they help with, for instance, they don't handle criminal cases. What they DO help with though, is getting the Government to divulge information that will help you to prosecute or find someone.

Legal Aid is helping me to expunge the one misdemeanor (marijuana possession) that I have on my record. I've asked them to do this so that I can further my chances of not having my applications discarded by potential employers.

Maybe you could call Legal Aid in your area? Let me know if you decide to do it.

#201045 - 01/24/08 04:16 AM Re: WHO CARES [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Eric5 Offline
New Here

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Yeah, I know what you mean re: uncaring therapists.
Sometimes I think they know you know that they dont care and see it as just 'one of those things'.
I tell you what: friends are sometimes your only hope. They are free, they listen and they truly like you.
I sure wish I had a friend who met those criteria, though. Good luck getting better. You can do it.

#201063 - 01/24/08 07:21 AM Re: WHO CARES [Re: Eric5]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mike,

I'm sorry you are having this experience. It sounds like the kind of thing that would happen in a system where patients are marched in and out as if on an assembly line. If you are getting the impression that the T just doesn't care, I can't see how therapy with her could help. You might be lots better off looking elsewhere.

I'm not trying to minimize your anger or your right to it, but it's probably also worth bearing in mind that even if you could find the perp and kick him in the balls or piss on his grave (if he's dead), neither is likely to help you in your recovery very much. You might be able to tick one point off the agenda, sure, but the big issues would still remain.

What I'm suggesting here is that anger is in a way holding you back from recovery. This happens a lot among survivors: with me it wasn't anger, but fear. Even years after I knew the guy was dead I still regarded him with this deep abiding dread. My T (and Ken Singer) helped me to see that by allowing this fear to continue I was giving a continuing control over my life to the perp, and not only that, to a perp who is dead!

Ultimately we have to find a way past these kinds of feelings, or at least that has been my experience. Our true path to recovery does not lie down these roads.

Just a thought for your consideration. I do understand that you may not feel this approach can help you.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#201129 - 01/24/08 01:00 PM Re: WHO CARES [Re: roadrunner]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
((( Mike )))

Keep strong.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#201160 - 01/24/08 04:12 PM Re: WHO CARES [Re: alexey]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Roadrunner, I know that kicking him in the balls will not help me recover . But it would let him feel some of the pain and anguish that I have dealt with for years . And it would make me feel a little better

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.