Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluestar7 (45), ferdie1949 (65), jonathan (57), LovingFriend (27), tjp42588 (26)
Who's Online
5 registered (pufferfish, BraveFalcon, CafeMan, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 70 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62566 Topics
438387 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#200521 - 01/21/08 10:07 AM mom of 3yr old boy need help
trish1900 Offline
New Here

Hi my little 3yr old has been saying some odd things. About 2 weeks ago he came to me in the morning and said he had a secret and wasnt' allowed to tell anyone. After this (this is all in hindsight) he developed a fear of the night time would wake up scared and also wet the bed for a bout 4 nights in a row highly unsual. He also didn't want anyone to see his naked bummy doesn't want me in the bathroom with him anymore. Then last night we were talking and my daughter said I know evan's secret and He got really upset that she was going to tell me(she later admitted that he had a secret but she didn't know it) I asked him why he can't tell me and he said monsters in the closet would get him( now we had a problem with monsters a few months ago but with lots of help from the monster spray we got rid of them lol) He also stated that his daddy cames to visit him(he never knew his dad He passed away almost 4 years ago)I can see maybe he is visiting him however when I asked him what his dad looks like he said Black we are white and so is his dad and he sees pict of his dad all the time. Last night we was sleeping with me and woke up early complaining about his bum hurting him and when i asked where he showed me later the same thing when i asked him why he said part of the secret and hid under the pillow. I am worried I have a babysitter that sits with them everynight while i work. It is only me and the 2 kids at home and i don't have any men over. I am taking him to the doctor today to check out his bum to make sure no infections or worms or something. Please give me some feedback should i be worried i am freaking out here and thinking the worst and it is making me sick. thank you Patricia

#200526 - 01/21/08 10:35 AM Re: mom of 3yr old boy need help [Re: trish1900]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Children should heard, seen and believed.

Something IS going on with him that needs to be discovered. You are doing the right thing by taking him in to the Doc. If the doc is a pediatrician, he/she may be able to get "the secret" out of him. My kid's Doc and staff are all geared to interviewing kids for these "secrets" every time they see them. They do that by default with all patients

The fact the he developed a fear of the night, does not ness mean that the night is the source of his fears. It could also be daytime events that manifest in nighttime anxieties. (I know this personally).

Still's Globs

New Video

#200528 - 01/21/08 10:44 AM Re: mom of 3yr old boy need help [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
You can also ask for a psych consult. It surely would not hurt. The nighttime issues warrant it (I think).

Still's Globs

New Video

#200540 - 01/21/08 11:21 AM Re: mom of 3yr old boy need help [Re: Still]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Robbie is right. Something is going on and I would temporarily change babysitters ASAP. Just a precaution.

Roger

#200549 - 01/21/08 12:05 PM Re: mom of 3yr old boy need help [Re: Freedom49]
trish1900 Offline
New Here

Thank you I took him to the doc and she agrees that something is going on what we don't know I need to find out. I am going to put a video camara in his room. The only time anything could be happening is at night i am with him all day everyday. I hope I am wrong but my gut instinct is telling me that something is going on. I will keep you all posted thank you so much.

#200560 - 01/21/08 01:14 PM Re: mom of 3yr old boy need help [Re: trish1900]
none Offline
New Here

Put hidden cameras around the house when the babysitter is alone with your child!

#200590 - 01/21/08 03:49 PM Re: mom of 3yr old boy need help [Re: none]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Protect your son at all cost. He will thank you in many ways later Mom.

Roger

#200763 - 01/22/08 05:50 PM Re: mom of 3yr old boy need help [Re: trish1900]
Liv2124 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Trish,
You're doing the right thing following up on this. I remember when mt SO was telling me about the dissociation. I asked him when he learned how to do it and his response was, "When the monsters came in my room at night." and I said, "The monsters?" and he said, "Well, sometimes it was the monsters and sometimes it was my dead uncle."
Do EVERYTHING you can...
Always,
Liv

#200784 - 01/22/08 08:04 PM Re: mom of 3yr old boy need help [Re: Liv2124]
Lou Offline

Trish,

Kudos to you for being a loving, caring mom and making sure that NO ONE is harming your little boy!

I like the suggestion of temporarily changing baby sitters until you know for certain that your son is safe.

Our babies are our precious little gifts from God and we must do everything we can to protect them.

Lou

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.