Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
3 registered (randombreeze, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63223 Topics
442102 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#200735 - 01/22/08 12:30 PM New to MS
UCDaveW Offline
New Here

Loc: St Louis, MO
Hey there everybody. Well... first let me say that I am an extremely talky person once I do start talking. I tend to sit back and watch everything for a bit then jabber everybody's ear off. So here I sit, having watched, and am now ready to jabber ears off. I admit I'm a little startled to find myself posting. I won't go into any of my personal story right now but suffice it to say I have had some... startling moments since stumbling across this site. The first time I looked at the "myth vs fact" page on the main MS site I spent a good three hours just, well, crying my eyes out. I keep reading that page over and over and over again and... well though I haven't really gotten adjusted to things I think Ihave to thank you all for being here. Er well I'm rambling now so I'll just shuddup. Thanks again for being such an awesome (from what I've seen) group.

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa

#200737 - 01/22/08 12:35 PM Re: New to MS [Re: UCDaveW]
NoOneImportant Offline

They've all proven awesome to me as well. I'm a very insecure and fearful person myself, although I am definitely moving forward. I've spent boatloads of time crying here myself. I feel accepted and loved here. Something I'm realizing is rather alien to me.

I'm glad your here and have been able to get up the courage to post. Getting feelings out is huge for recovery I'm finding.

Welcome, we're here for you.

#200743 - 01/22/08 01:15 PM Re: New to MS *DELETED* [Re: NoOneImportant]
awakening Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by awakening

#200771 - 01/22/08 06:44 PM Re: New to MS [Re: awakening]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I am so glad all of you are here and feeling comfortable posting and reading. I admit it is hard at first to hit that submit button and "put yourself" out there. Know that your safe here and welcome. Heal at your own pace.

Roger

#200786 - 01/22/08 09:13 PM Re: New to MS [Re: Freedom49]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Dave,

Welcome to MS, but I hate the fact that you need this place.

As the others have already said, this place is full of understanding guys. We lean on each other when times are tough, and we share the great times together. I hope you find the comfort and strength to stick around. Don't worry about long winded posts, just look at a few of mine.

Take your time, post when and what you want, we'll be here.

Hope to talk to you soon, (in chat)
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#200788 - 01/22/08 09:21 PM Re: New to MS [Re: Freedom49]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Welcome to Male Survivor David! It also looks like the other 3 who have responded to you are new too, within the last 3 weeks! Welcome, all of you!! This is a wonderful, supportive community! I stumbled in here almost 7 years ago; I can't even imagine where I would be without the support and understanding I have received here! This place saved my life!

Brian

#200789 - 01/22/08 09:23 PM Re: New to MS [Re: Brian]
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
I would like to add my welcome as well. Like Brian I found this web site 6 years ago and I have no idea what my life would be like today if not for the men and there support here. I have to say that MS.org also saved my life 6 years ago. Glad y'all are here, sorry you need us.

James

#200790 - 01/22/08 09:23 PM Re: New to MS [Re: Scoutvictim]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Welcome Dave

Is this the very first time that you've attempted to deal with this? I've been doing this for a couple years now. Progress is slow, but no regrets yet.

#201042 - 01/24/08 03:59 AM Re: New to MS [Re: UCDaveW]
Eric5 Offline
New Here

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
welcome welcome welcome
i'm new too. you can be chatty. i like to read.
let me ask you a random question to get you thinking:
ever had a weird or strange dream?
no need to answer if its not you.
when i was new, i didnt know what to say so i figured ide help out new people if i can.
good luck and welcome again

#201064 - 01/24/08 07:26 AM Re: New to MS [Re: Eric5]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
David,

Welcome to MaleSurvivor, and hey, be as chatty or as quiet as you want. It's up to you. Either way I can assure you there's a lot of support and understanding for you here.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.