Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (petercorbett, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447979 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#200491 - 01/21/08 04:27 AM Expressing feelings
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
So earlier in chat i was talking with some very helpful people about how to disclose to my sister about the abuse, durring the discussion i found my self getting a little upset. I couldnt figure out what i was upset about though. I wanted to express my feelings but didnt know what it was i was feeling. I know that dosnt really make sense but i dont know how to describe it. I had to leave though because i had plans for tonight. I am home now and still have this nagging feeling like i want to talk about something but i dont know what it is i want to talk about. Sorry if im confusing anybody,

has any one else ever had something like this happen?

Usually if im upset i know the reason i can tell my self i am upset about school or my parents or the abuse but right now i cant do that. its frustrating.

#200507 - 01/21/08 08:14 AM Re: Expressing feelings [Re: theatrekid]
NoOneImportant Offline

I understand that completely. I feel that way allot right now. I'll feel something and have absolutely no clue how to put it into words. Right now, I don't know what it is I'm feeling, but it's heavy, and it's just pulling me down.

#200508 - 01/21/08 08:22 AM Re: Expressing feelings [Re: NoOneImportant]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
yeah that is the same with me too. I will watch a movie or listen to music. I wish I could write poetry or music then I could express the feeling better I think. Just a vague restlessness. Angst. whatever.

yup I know that feeling.

Roger

#200574 - 01/21/08 02:17 PM Re: Expressing feelings [Re: Freedom49]
Peter 1950 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta
TheaterKid,
Sure do...all the time. Best relief for me is to be engaged with other people, which normally happens for me through work. But there is always this anomie. Roger's words, angst, a vague restlessness resonate with me.
Some days it's clearly depression, and often a physical struggle to remain on what I think of as a plateau. Allowing myself to slip into the dark abyss just makes things worse...much worse.
I don't have many answers, but I do know that a change of scene can help sometimes.
Hang in.
Peter

#200588 - 01/21/08 03:44 PM Re: Expressing feelings [Re: Peter 1950]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Theatrekid,

I think you had lots of feelings, but no clear plan on your words. That happens to me, at least. It is something that will go. You will come up with a clear message to the guys you wat to talk about.

on't worry. These were strong feeings and emotions, and the topic was not easy.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.