Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (pattom, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443349 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#200390 - 01/20/08 01:32 PM Joey's question (Teen forum age limits)
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Joey (JasonSmalls) asked this important question about the new Teen forum, and I would like to separate it out as a topic in itself:

Originally Posted By: JasonSmalls
ok, i do have a serious question about this forum now. If i do start coming here and start writing here, will i not be allowed to be here in june when I turn 18??? (cause then i'll legally be an adult)

My preliminary reply on this point was:

Originally Posted By: roadrunner
The Teen forum is a totally new thing here on MS and there's no precedent for it anywhere on the Internet, so while we have tried to think of all the angles and possible issues, we are learning as we go. One of the reasons why we wanted a few teens (including you) to come in right at the beginning and have a look is to get exactly the kind of feedback you provide here.

Please have a look in the forum itself and you will see that you can start and reply to threads until you are 20. But still, I will post your question in the Mod Forum and we will get back to you guys about that. Okay? It's an important issue we didn't think about. We don't want to make guys feel rejected.

I want to let our teens know that this is now being discussed in the Mod Forum and that no teenager is going to get turfed out just because he reaches the age of 20. We don't have a more specific solution yet, but please know we understand and appreciate the problem.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#200395 - 01/20/08 02:23 PM Re: Joey's question (Teen forum age limits) [Re: roadrunner]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
I would think that if a person was allowed into the teen forum to begin with there would be no limit to how long they wanted access to it. I think the issues would change with that person and they would just naturally switch over. There will be a point when they no longer are relating.

Mike

#200402 - 01/20/08 04:12 PM Re: Joey's question (Teen forum age limits) [Re: mogigo]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I agree Mike. Oh, and I suppose you could just use some gentle suggestions during that year after turning 20 to use the other forums, but deal with it when and if it happens.

But no one has to fear getting booted anywhere.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.