Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447637 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#200315 - 01/20/08 12:46 AM Re: modeling?! one of us?! aaahhhh!!!! [Re: mike5]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
check out runway shows to see how guys walk.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EwlhDTwSTbY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kJIqwrqY_dY&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4sZ6D45oqYM&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZkfyxO6WnIM&feature=related

my thing is, if you are hot enough, no one cares how you walk. haha. and its about the clothes. so essentially you are just the mode of transportation

#200317 - 01/20/08 01:05 AM Re: modeling?! one of us?! aaahhhh!!!! [Re: Jarrad]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
clothes is my specialty!!! i love style and fashion! lol...i agree with you on the HOT thing!

#200318 - 01/20/08 01:07 AM Re: modeling?! one of us?! aaahhhh!!!! [Re: terpprm]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

cool. i never went to school for it, so i have no idea what they will teach but sounds like fun.

#200328 - 01/20/08 02:49 AM Re: modeling?! one of us?! aaahhhh!!!! [Re: Jarrad]
terpprm Offline

a girl i work with at starbucks went to the same school i have to and she said i have to learn how to walk on a catwalk, put on make up, acting, and things like that. i don't mind. i'm sure the money's worth it.

#200367 - 01/20/08 10:54 AM Re: modeling?! one of us?! aaahhhh!!!! [Re: terpprm]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

yeah. i am leary of schools for modeling though. a lot of them use false praise and encourage you even if you will never be a model because they are in it for the money. it's a great start and a step in the right direction, but i would not expect to have a career based on the school. you either have it, or you don't. its a tough career.

#200382 - 01/20/08 12:27 PM Re: modeling?! one of us?! aaahhhh!!!! [Re: Jarrad]
terpprm Offline

an agency is sending me to the school though. i'm not going voluntarily. so it's evr-so slightly different. but i know what you mean, cause i was leary at first too. but i figured if an agency was sending me, there's at least a little promise. the school is barbizone in cleveland. the agency is stone modeling agency in cleveland as well, if you wanna look into it more.

#200413 - 01/20/08 05:10 PM Re: modeling?! one of us?! aaahhhh!!!! [Re: terpprm]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

yeah i googled it. i still am leary. but give it a shoot and see what its like. sometimes agencies and schools have contracts with eachother. so check it out. if its lame, then dont go back. if its good, then great! have an open mind.

#200414 - 01/20/08 05:10 PM Re: modeling?! one of us?! aaahhhh!!!! [Re: terpprm]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

yeah i googled it. i still am leary. but give it a shoot and see what its like. sometimes agencies and schools have contracts with eachother. so check it out. if its lame, then dont go back. if its good, then great! have an open mind.

#200422 - 01/20/08 06:49 PM Re: modeling?! one of us?! aaahhhh!!!! [Re: Jarrad]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I was a model for a short time. There was one scouting event ("cattle call") that had bogus written all over it. They were trying so ridiculously hard to "stoke" me about getting selected to go on their trip to some big camp or something. It was thousands of dollars to go and I just didn't understand why I should be paying for anything like that. What fresh model trying to get started in the industry has several thousand dollars at their disposal? The girl on the phone repeatedly asked me if I was excited, using her best "game show contestant"
voice. There were lots of signs that indicated this was just a way to get wanna-be models to hand over money.

I did a few volunteer shoots (for the experience, always a good idea) and a couple paid shoots. The last shoot I ever did paid the most, and I got a few good shots. It's actually still on the studio's web site and he states that I was his first model and his favorite. I never really felt the need to go back, despite several requests from him.

I never went back to it after that because I quickly realized that I was doing it for my self-esteem. That's just not good because I was far too sensitive to rejection. It should have a been a business endeavor and not a personal validation endeavor. I decided to stick with engineering.

If you don't mind, can you give me some idea as to how much the school is costing you? Please PM me if you want to keep it discreet.

Best of luck!!

Craig

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#200434 - 01/20/08 07:55 PM Re: modeling?! one of us?! aaahhhh!!!! [Re: cbfull]
terpprm Offline

lol...i'm an open book. the girl is now 23ish and she was doing this when she was 14, then it was about $400ish dollars, if i remember right. i now have a good job that i don't mind payin this if it means having a good career to fall back on. but i don't wanna put my money into a phisod. thank you all for your ''supporty''. lol.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.