Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443099 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#200109 - 01/18/08 02:21 PM Re: huge major trigger [Re: Still]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Wow. I never realized how many of us would be suffering from the pain of humliation. Once again, I find I'm not alone.

Originally Posted By: mogigo
Sorry Mark, I made a mistake with my post, I was trying to show you I relate and I ended up making you think about it.
Mike - please don't apologize - you didn't make me think about it, I was already there. If my post after yours led you to that understanding, I should apologize to you. You have not hurt me in any way - and I thank you for your courage in posting, and sharing the avatar that speaks so well to the subject of humiliation.

Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
I was going to say that "its one of the most devasting aspects to my life." I think not...I think it is THE most devastating aspect to my life.
Robbie - I can so understand. I hope that in identifying this, it can help you heal. Sure is what I'm hoping - is that my T and I can address this and at least soften the impact or something.

Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
Yeah....HUMILIATION... Mark, you sure identified something huge.
Again ... wow. I thought this was just huge for me. Now that I've read all the responses so far ... it IS huge. For MANY of us.

M

#200116 - 01/18/08 03:05 PM Re: huge major trigger [Re: MarkK]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Mark,

I just started with a new T. I've told him about this site, so he may be reading this as well. But I plan to raise this issue as an A-level pain source to be worked on.

I at least want to know and identify if I (as a survivor) have an amplified reaction to humiliation. I suspect YES...So then I'll need some help with reducing the reactions.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#200259 - 01/19/08 06:42 PM Re: huge major trigger [Re: Still]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I told my T during todays session. We're adding it to the list of goals for my recovery. Seems it's more an issue to me than even I first thought.

he also gave me the official "diagnosis" after 8 weeks. PTSD

I hope your work with the new T is productive. And I hope you get a handle on your reactions to humiliation.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.