Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
3 registered (highflight, 2 invisible), 34 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63654 Topics
444543 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#200078 - 01/18/08 11:25 AM Confusion
2526 Offline
New Here

Loc: wv
Just wondering, was anyone else confused when the person just stopped. As unpleasant as her abuse was, I was so used to it that when it suddenly stopped, life really felt abnormal.

#200090 - 01/18/08 12:44 PM Re: Confusion [Re: 2526]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA

Yes, I can surely identify with that and I bet other guys can too. In my case the abuser didn't just stop - he was caught and chased away (but never reported of course). But yes, I know what you mean.

I think there are lots of reasons why a boy feels this way. I know for me, after four years abuse was all that seemed real to me; the rest was just pretending, making excuses, hiding the truth, covering up or getting rid of evidence, etc.

A part of it is also that after awhile a boy can feel that abuse is all he's good for - he thinks no one will ever want him or love him after this, or for anything else. So when the abuse stops he can even grieve and feel abandoned. With the abuser gone, now he really is all alone, he thinks.

Does any of this sound familiar? If you have a T this would be a good topic to discuss one day.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.