Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, JW1230, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64190 Topics
447927 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#199862 - 01/16/08 11:11 PM COLLEGE!!!!!!!!!
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
So incredibly stressful... i just sent in my first college application its so freaking stressful pressing that button on the computer to send it in.

I hope i get accepted I am applying to one other i am about to finish an essay for the application and then submit it tonight as well.... wish me luck I need it.

,Christopher

#199864 - 01/16/08 11:18 PM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: theatrekid]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Good luck, Christopher! You think applications are hard, wait until the financial aid papers come. LOLOL. ::pulls out my hair:: Nah, it's not that bad...:)

I know you will get in. \:\)

#199866 - 01/16/08 11:37 PM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: AndyJB2005]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Andy, It is so nerve racking its like now i dont have control i just have to wait to see what their answer is. I am fairly confident i will get accepted to the first i applied to but the second one i am not so sure. it has a little bit stricter of an admisions policy oh well though i will just try my hardest.

#199876 - 01/17/08 12:28 AM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: theatrekid]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Good luck Christopher, I have a feeling you will be accepted to both schools. What are your plans for a major?

Dan

#199878 - 01/17/08 12:30 AM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: theatrekid]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Chris, they should be thankful that they're getting an applicant that already knows how to read and write. You don't need luck wished from us. You're going to get in regardless of what we say.

But, just to make you happy. "Good luck" \:\)

#199884 - 01/17/08 12:43 AM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: Hauser]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Go Christopher! I hope you get the acceptance you're wanting the most. You deserve it.

#199950 - 01/17/08 01:44 PM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: WalkingSouth]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I wish you good luck, I hope you get to go to where you want and study what you are wanting to.

Andrei

#199960 - 01/17/08 03:22 PM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: ak]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Good luck, Christopher. I wish you to find the College you deserve and want to be accepted in.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#199988 - 01/17/08 05:33 PM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: alexey]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Christopher,

My daughter went through the same thing 2 years ago - major stress. But it all worked out wonderfully. You've done the work so you'll reap the rewards too - I'm sure of it! I've got fingers and toes crossed hoping for the good news.

ROCK ON...........Trish

#200111 - 01/18/08 02:34 PM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: Trish4850]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
I hope you are picking a good New England-based institution \:\)

JK...you'll do fine! PM me if you have any questions about ANY major school in the country. Visiting deans and campuses is all I do for work.

#223133 - 05/07/08 09:53 PM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: Still]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

just an update. I applied to two different universities and after a little bit of work was accepted to one of them. I just found this out while i was out of town.

But a local college offered to pay for most of my tuition to work in their theater. at first i said no but today i talked to the technical director from the school and they are now offering to pay for all of it. Thats an offer i can't refuse so i will being going to a small local college this fall. I'm glad to have figured out what i'm doing and excited for it. I plan on switching over to a larger school next year, I don't handle change so well so this will help me transition into it better.

Looking Forward,
Chris

#223135 - 05/07/08 10:04 PM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: theatrekid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Chris,

That's freakin AWSOME news. You truly will be the TheatreKid!

Way to go dude!!

#223139 - 05/07/08 10:37 PM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: Still]
rehpotsirhcs Offline
MaleSurvivor

congrats!

#223143 - 05/07/08 11:13 PM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: rehpotsirhcs]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
That's excellent, Chris! Congratulations!

#223164 - 05/08/08 01:01 AM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: EGL]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Congratulations Chris

I hope it's a really good university for you - is great that they are helping you with tuition

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#223169 - 05/08/08 01:07 AM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: TJ jeff]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Wow Christopher I a proud of you. All that theater work paid off in spades. You go guy!!

#223206 - 05/08/08 09:09 AM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: Freedom49]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Christopher, I'm happy for you. Glad you'll be able to stick around home while you transition into the next part of your life.

Lots of love,

John

#223213 - 05/08/08 09:42 AM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dear Christopher,

Just repeating what I have already said privately, congratulations on receiving this scholarship; it's great news and a real honor for you. I know you had difficulty earlier in high school, and this just goes to show how a young man can bounce back, even in the face of terrible challenges, and reclaim his opportunities and his future. I'm really proud of you.

I wonder if I am right in detecting a certain hesitation and uncertainty in your message. If so, I want you to know that's entirely normal. As we move more into the adult world we begin to see that our lives really are in our own hands now. Important decisions aren't made for us any longer; they are in our hands. That's a daunting reality for any teenager to face.

I think you are doing really well in your approach to these things. You seem to be keenly in tune with who you are and what you want to make of your life. You realize already (some people never get this idea into their heads) that life isn't just about making money and "getting ahead". There is a whole world of thought and creative ideas out there, and it's great seeing you reach out to it to see what you can make of it, how you can contribute to it, and how other points of view can challenge you to test and revise your own ways of seeing and doing things.

At the age of 18 you still have plenty of time to try out different opportunities and decide what direction life will take the Theatrekid. \:\) Enjoy the adventure and make the most of it. The memories you are building now will last all the rest of your life.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#223220 - 05/08/08 10:03 AM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: roadrunner]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Congrats Chris! That is awesome! I loved the acting and singing I did in high school, I really miss it now a days! Always good to be able to do the things you love!

#223256 - 05/08/08 01:06 PM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: JustScott]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Yes!!! Good for you, Christopher!

#223259 - 05/08/08 01:39 PM Re: COLLEGE!!!!!!!!! [Re: MemoryVault]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Huge congratulations coming your way Christopher. I can't tell you how impressed I am by this:

Quote:
I plan on switching over to a larger school next year, I don't handle change so well so this will help me transition into it better

Many kids, my own daughter included are really excited to get out and do the college thing full throttle only to find out that they really aren't ready for it. In my daughter's case, she finished a year away from home, did pretty poorly and came home to attend a community college to re-balance. Well she's most definately done that and is getting her Associates Degree with all A's and B's for the last 4 semesters. She will be going back to a 4 year college in the fall to get her Bachelor's Degree. I'm very, very proud of her.

Getting that scholarship is fabulous for you and even better is knowing yourself enough to make the right decisions for YOU.

ROCK ON.........Trish

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.