Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
4 registered (woodenshoes, focusedbody, Esposa, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63802 Topics
445524 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#193349 - 12/01/07 03:23 PM Does anyone know what this is?
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I've asked this question of a few people, and they all think I'm crazy.

When I was a kid, I remember that when someone I liked would talk to me, or if someone would do or say something nice to me, I would get a physical tingling sensation in my head. It's diffciult to explain. It's a good feeling, one that I always liked, but I lost that over the years.

When I first started taking Cymbalta, about four hours after my first dose, this feeling returned. Over the next few months, it gradually diminished until the point it was gone. However, if I got a compliment or if someone did something nice to me, it would return briefly before diminishing again. Sometimes, I could even bring the feeling back by concentrating on it.

This feeling is gone now.

I've asked several friends if they had ever felt this before, and they all looked at me like I was crazy. My therapist was pretty clueless, and my psychiatrist told me it was probably a "placebo effect".

Has anyone else ever felt this before? If so....do you know what it is?

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#193356 - 12/01/07 04:02 PM Re: Does anyone know what this is? [Re: BJK]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Not in my case, no.

#197563 - 01/01/08 05:06 PM Re: Does anyone know what this is? [Re: BJK]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
Hi Bryan,
That is an interesting question and can undersatnd your inquiry. Heck, if it was a good thing and it disappeared, I can see why you would wonder. My only thought is may be some endorphin that is produced. Have you ever searched any sites that have a nueroligic forum to post a question to an expert? Good luck in trying to figure it out,
Dan

#199569 - 01/15/08 01:17 PM Re: Does anyone know what this is? [Re: BJK]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Hi, I understand you. I feel this more often lately, this tingling sensation in my lobe parts. It increases sometimes and disappears for days.

I have had it since teenage years, as long as I remember.

I think this is some vein or artery in the brain spasms or expands.

Take care.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.