Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447690 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#199381 - 01/14/08 02:04 AM A sad story
acd Offline
New Here

right now i dont think i am ready for this forum but i thank you for your words....

#199398 - 01/14/08 08:26 AM Re: A sad story [Re: acd]
NoOneImportant Offline

You're in the right place. I just got here myself, and I understand. Completely. There are many here who will be able to listen and give help and advice. Definitely get therapy if you can, I'm still working on getting some myself, but I know it'll be a huge help once I do.

When I say I understand, I really do. I was hurt when I was very young. 6 or 7, my childhood is a haze as well. I was hurt again when I was a big older 9 or 10 I think, by someone else, and that time I didn't even remember until a few short years ago. This memory of an incident kept coming to mind, and I always sort of pushed it away, but one day while I was at work, I stopped myself and took a minute to ponder on why this memory seemed to pop up randomly now and again. It was like I had passed through a barrier. The realization of the memory and what it meant hit me hard, and it took every ounce of strength that I had to not completely fall apart right there at my desk.

Somewhere in there I in turn hurt someone that I love dearly. We have a positive relationship today, but it's always there. Like you, as I got older it stopped. I realized it was wrong and couldn't continue. But the pain and hurt is still there. Definitely been over 20 years for me as well, and like I mentioned, I just got here. I was doing some reading and various studies and reports etc, and the findings said that most people are in there mid to late 30's before they being seeking help, so it seems that 20ish years is pretty common.

Hang in there. Help is here, and I don't think you'll find anyone here who will hate you.

#199411 - 01/14/08 09:30 AM Re: A sad story [Re: NoOneImportant]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
side note: if you are concerned about HIV you should get tested. they have rapid tests which are oral swabs. way easy. you know in 20 minutes.

#199412 - 01/14/08 09:34 AM Re: A sad story [Re: Jarrad]
NoOneImportant Offline

True, definitely get tested. However note that depending on how long ago that incident took place it might not show up. I'm not trying to scare you, I just don't want you to assume. I saw a story on tv about a fellow who was raped by 3 men and he had to wait until January of this year (08) in order to be tested, as before that testing would have shown negative regardless of infection or not. I believe the incident took place a few years ago.

#199447 - 01/14/08 01:09 PM Re: A sad story [Re: NoOneImportant]
acd Offline
New Here

again...right now i dont think i am ready for this forum but i thank you for your words....

Edited by acd (01/15/08 12:23 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.