Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441740 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#199365 - 01/14/08 12:10 AM therapy
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
I started therapy last spring I went to it every week until about October. lately i find myself busy and so i have to keep canceling my appointments although i would like to go i no longer feel dependent on it I havnt been since before Christmas i have had to cancel 2 weeks in a row and i just realized i will be canceling this weeks session as well.

A few months ago i would not have been able to cancel a session. i see this as a positive sign of improvement. I dont feel like i am "recovered". but i do have control over my life now and can handle things in a positive way. Could this be a sign that i no longer need to keep going to my weekly sessions?
,Chris

#199374 - 01/14/08 01:19 AM Re: therapy [Re: theatrekid]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Yes. I see no reason to go if you're functioning, and pretty much satisfied with the way your life is going as it stands right now.

Now, of course, shit might happen later in your life, things that you never expected. Perhaps relationship or school issues, who knows? Don't be afraid to accept the notion that you might need to fall back on it, once again, some day in the future.

Let us know what you decide to do ok?

#199384 - 01/14/08 03:25 AM Re: therapy [Re: Hauser]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Chris,

This is so great to hear. I'm proud of you, and yes it's progress. I have been in and out of therapy many times. As you say, you're not cured, but you have learned some copeing skills. As you use these new skills, life will get easier, but there will be times you will need to find a new method to deal with a new problem. Don't be affraid to ask for more help again.

If you stay in the area, it can be very helpful to go back to the same T. You can start without having to do all the background work, so don't burn this bridge. Just talk to your parents and your T, and be sure that he will be willing to fit you in, if you need him.

Good work... and keep moving forward.

Luv ya,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.