Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, JW1230, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#199210 - 01/12/08 03:42 PM Incest forum + chat?
none Offline
New Here

Anyone here knows of any other websites for incest survivors that has a chat room?

Thanks

#199259 - 01/12/08 11:42 PM Re: Incest forum + chat? [Re: none]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
None,

I do not know of any other websites geared towards male survivors of sexual abuse. I know that this topic does come up rather often sadly. I know that I have been personally involved in several chats around this subject. Have you started a thread on this topic as of yet? Have you been into our chatroom? I am sure that you can have very supportive and friendly chats here and in chat.

Nathan

#199300 - 01/13/08 01:08 PM Re: Incest forum + chat? [Re: Nathan LaChine]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
I too experienced incest as well as other CSA. I have found this site enormously helpful and have found a generous therapist who has helped me work on this pain and confusion. You would think I would have some amzing insights here but the truth is I don't. I only know it is not our fault and it scarred me like all the others. It is a bigger violation and hurt when it is familial and you are confused and trapped in shame and secrecy. But it is not your fault.

Talking , journaling and praying helped me but tears and going through the range of emotions help. My dad was dying when I confronted him and could not respond, while my brother denies it. I am in a place of actually forgiving them now.

Don't compare me to your story because we are two different people. This is the hardest work I have ever done but it is worth doing. I hope this helps. PM me any time and I will do my best at responding. You are in the best place I know of. You will be heard and respected.

InPeace,
Dan

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.