Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
5 registered (whome, Jim1961, Obi, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#199210 - 01/12/08 03:42 PM Incest forum + chat?
none Offline
New Here

Anyone here knows of any other websites for incest survivors that has a chat room?

Thanks

#199259 - 01/12/08 11:42 PM Re: Incest forum + chat? [Re: none]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
None,

I do not know of any other websites geared towards male survivors of sexual abuse. I know that this topic does come up rather often sadly. I know that I have been personally involved in several chats around this subject. Have you started a thread on this topic as of yet? Have you been into our chatroom? I am sure that you can have very supportive and friendly chats here and in chat.

Nathan

#199300 - 01/13/08 01:08 PM Re: Incest forum + chat? [Re: Nathan LaChine]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
I too experienced incest as well as other CSA. I have found this site enormously helpful and have found a generous therapist who has helped me work on this pain and confusion. You would think I would have some amzing insights here but the truth is I don't. I only know it is not our fault and it scarred me like all the others. It is a bigger violation and hurt when it is familial and you are confused and trapped in shame and secrecy. But it is not your fault.

Talking , journaling and praying helped me but tears and going through the range of emotions help. My dad was dying when I confronted him and could not respond, while my brother denies it. I am in a place of actually forgiving them now.

Don't compare me to your story because we are two different people. This is the hardest work I have ever done but it is worth doing. I hope this helps. PM me any time and I will do my best at responding. You are in the best place I know of. You will be heard and respected.

InPeace,
Dan

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.