Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
5 registered (Mr. Malaise, lapchinj, don64, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443007 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#199249 - 01/12/08 09:52 PM Re: Weekend of Recovery [Re: Shy_Guy]
Army Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Hey Jason,

I attended the weekend at Peebles in 07. I was very nervous. I found that it was well worth the temporary feelings I was having. What I found was that there is no where else that healing of what we went through as boys can be delt with but by people who understand it and have gone through it too. The level of healing and help is beyond what anyone can explain. You set the rules to make it safe for you, speek up and say what you need. YOUR worth it.

Go for it.

ARMY

#199253 - 01/12/08 10:07 PM Re: Weekend of Recovery [Re: Army]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I attended the Weekend in Alta in 2007. I had an awesome roommate and met other awesome folks there. I hope to attend a Level 2 this year.

Jason, if you can make it to one, please go for it!

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#199256 - 01/12/08 10:41 PM Re: Weekend of Recovery [Re: mike5]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
Jason,
The comments you are getting back are reinforcing my decision to go to a WoR in May. My wife says we'll find a way and I'm sure we will. I am excited about being in a group of men that I don't have to fake it with. I think I'll even feel free enough to ask things like, "I am imagining that you are feeling disgust toward me, are you?" and trust that the response will be made with compassion. Sounds like a trustworthy group to me. The thought of meeting some of the great voices I read on MS is thrilling and makes me pretty certain about going!!

Dan C-R

#199462 - 01/14/08 03:46 PM Re: Weekend of Recovery [Re: dancr6]
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Hi guys,

Just wanted to bump this post back up to the top as we begin a new WOR season. To all the alumni, many thanks for your kind and encouraging words.

Taz

#199466 - 01/14/08 05:08 PM Re: Weekend of Recovery [Re: mike5]
Patrick Walsh Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
Mike,

Thanks for the kind words. That's exactly what i wnated to hear I was afraid I would "act out".

Thanks
Pat now

#211953 - 03/20/08 08:02 PM Re: Weekend of Recovery [Re: mike5]
JorgeR Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Hey guys,

I will be attending the Sequoia WoR, and attended Alta 2007...if anyone who is attending has any questions, I'm happy to answer (send me a PM, unless you think your question would have broad appeal)...and if you are thinking about it...see all the testimonials above as to why you should go.

Just to cover the begged question...why am I attending another one, if the first one was so great? I use a combination of group therapy, joint therapy with my partner, and whatever else I can find (1 WoR and the Conference in NY last Oct) to help keep me moving along...recovery is a process...I figure if I can have 5 breakthroughs at Alta, then I can have at least 1 more at Sequoia...and the atmosphere at a WoR is such that you can't help but allow yourself to have at least one, if not more...my therapist says if I stay this committed to my recovery, I can "graduate" from needing my group and my therapist, and live a relatively "normal" (whatever that is?!?!) life. Due to traveling I have not been able to access my group since December (other than individual conversations with group members) and only seen my therapist twice this year...so what better way to get back into the grove than another WoR?

Peace & Joy,
Jorge

What breakthrough can YOU have at a Weekend of Recovery?

** talk to me about WoRs or BoD or Committees **

#212754 - 03/24/08 06:43 PM Re: Weekend of Recovery [Re: JorgeR]
JT Offline

A friend of mine has been to several WOR's. He gets something from each and every one of them. I know he's going to the upcoming Sequoia weekend. There are a million reasons to go and only one reason not to. Don't let fear be that one reason.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.