Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63561 Topics
444081 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#198334 - 01/06/08 11:56 PM Someone New
Bewlayb1 Offline

Loc: NYC
I'm extremely tired, so I'm not going to write as much as I need to. I met someone. He's thirty-four, I'm twenty-six. I've never been in a relationship before. We met on New Years Eve and we've spent five of the last seven days together. So many things are rushing through my head, and I feel so many emotions.

I glance at women, and feel sad. I think of the last girl I liked, and wonder if being with her could work as well as this.

Sometimes, when he's naked, things come to my mind about the body of my abuser. He was approximately the same height and build: tall and muscular. And during sex, there are things we do that make me feel...I don't know. It just brings me back to those years of rape. But only for moments, flashes. I don't know.

I feel guilty because I don't want to hurt him. I want to be with him, and I miss him now. But there's this uneasiness in my stomach. And I want to be alone sometimes too. I went home tonight instead of spending the night again.

He has had mental problems. He was a drug addict: but not now. He has a temper, not with me, but when someone brushes him the wrong way, he doesn't let up. He came from a wealthy family. When his parents died, he had a breakdown and lost everything.

If he wasn't troubled, I wouldn't want him. I've always fallen for people who were as hurt as I am. That won't change. That's neither positive or negative.

On the train today, he was talking about a guy that looked gay, but was denying it to himself. I said, some people may be gay, biologically, but they don't know it, and can live a perfectly content life without knowing it. This prompted him to ask if I was bisexual. I frowned and felt very sorrowful. I shook my head, no. But, then I told him that my life has been dark too: as dark as his. I almost told him about the sexual abuse. I couldn't get the words out. He dropped the issue when he saw that I was upset.

When should I tell him? I'm so happy, but I'm so afraid. I want to tell him, but I don't want to make him sad. I wish I wasn't such a mess, but then there wouldn't be such a strong connection between us.

#198490 - 01/07/08 08:38 PM Re: Someone New [Re: Bewlayb1]
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
Tell him when you're ready to, not sooner, not later. My partner knows about what happened to me, not the details, just that it happened. He knows a lot of things about my past as I do about his past. This has led to a better mutual understanding and respect for each other. We're not perfect and never claimed to be, but we love each other.

If you have a therapist, talk about these issues. Trust and relationships are hard work and it's even harder when you've been abused.

Take good care of yourself,

Steve

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.