Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63561 Topics
444084 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#242787 - 08/06/08 03:52 PM Re: Old survivors are jerks! [Re: petercorbett]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Well; I'm closing in near 51 years of age I guess you better count me in as another one of those old jerks.
I've been dealing with painful shit for the last thirty years.
Jason; I'm truly sorry you had to put up with such insult no matter how it was perceived. I think just the fact you were hurt by the remark in what ever context it was intended makes your post valid. Take Care
Chris

Edited by jcf1957 (08/06/08 03:52 PM)

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#242800 - 08/06/08 05:12 PM Re: Old survivors are jerks! *DELETED* [Re: Freedom49]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
i'll tell you why people would say such a thing to you jason because they're fuckin crass and insensitive to your feelings and selfish of course.

I know how painful it is to "get over it" because for me it's been about 5 yrs since the memories re-surfaced and it still haunts me and makes me nuts.

You should never be treated in such a hurtful way.

You will never get over it ....you will only able to move on when YOU"RE READY and not before.

Try your best and avoid those who think they have a right to be so nosey ....if someone asks you such a shallow and cruel question again ..........."that's none of your buisness it's my process and pain not yours"

God bless you pal and i wish you the best in your healing.

Coop

#243754 - 08/10/08 04:15 PM Re: Old survivors are jerks! [Re: JasonSmalls]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Hold on, if we don't get it! Who does?
The older guys were totally alone without
internet, so nobody to talk to, so I guess
it may just have been harder back then.

Nobody should say, just get over it, that is
for the john doh's of society.
It's hard to show emotions sometimes, but give
and take, and don't think the older guys did
not experience the same things as you,

ste

#243850 - 08/11/08 01:34 AM Re: Old survivors are jerks! [Re: reality2k4]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
enough already!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#243852 - 08/11/08 01:53 AM Re: Old survivors are jerks! [Re: Still]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Jason:

I'll be 51 on Tuesday, and didn't learn to use the internet until a little over 3 years ago. It used to be a heck of a jump from individual counseling to an in-person group. These days that jump is a lot easier with the internet and this site. But, the internet is not as safe a place as many of us would like, I'm afraid. I'm sure that most all of us old guys just wanted to be supportive Jason. 33 years ago when I turned 18 the world was a different place. Vietnam was still on back then. Imagine facing the Vietnam-era draft at the age of 18? They cut out the draft lottery the year that I turned 17. Back then every guy was expected to be really tough and to be a man and to not complain. A lot of us older guys are still learning how to be sensitive. At least give us the benefit of the doubt.

Have hope,

Mark

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.