Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
7 registered (Scott1962, OxfordArms, Obi, watzupwitu, 2 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63558 Topics
444056 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#198420 - 01/07/08 03:09 PM Old survivors are jerks!
JasonSmalls Offline

Loc: NJ
ya know what i hate? old survivors! they act like what i have to deal with is no big deal just cause what happend to them happend a long time ago and their over it. well I'M NOT over it! it might be 20, or 30, or 40 years for some of you, but its like only 2 years for me so it feels like yesterday.

somebody asked me is the chatroom room last night why i'm always nervous and figity and stuff and why cant i just get over it. i dunno why i just cant get over it. i wish i could cause i dont really wanna be a nervous wreck all the time. i hate my life on most days cause i dont think i'm good for anythin except to be afraid all the time. i just wish some people would be a lil more sensative and realize that i had alotta things done to me from when i was really little and it was alotta bad bad things and i wish i could just get over it but i cant. so i guess some people here think i'm weak but u guys really dont get it. u dont know! i fight this thing everyday and while its over and done with for u and in the past, its still a battle for me.if there was a switch i could turn off to end all this in my head i would, but i cant and all i can do now is try to survive!

bye

#198421 - 01/07/08 03:21 PM Re: Old survivors are jerks! [Re: JasonSmalls]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I guess I'd have to start out by saying "I can't believe someone was so freaking clueless as to expect you to "get over it."

That pisses me off too.

Maybe its not cuz he was "old." Maybe its because he's clueless and insensative.

On behalf of the old guys....I'm VERY sorry that happened.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#198422 - 01/07/08 03:25 PM Re: Old survivors are jerks! [Re: Still]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Jason,

i can only echo what Rob said, NO ONE should be telling you to "get over it", that is totally contrary to everything this site stands for.

Truth be told, ALL of us are still fighting this crap and just trying to survive...

I'm sorry you had to be subjected to such insensitivity.

buzz

#198423 - 01/07/08 03:27 PM Re: Old survivors are jerks! [Re: JasonSmalls]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I don't understand what someone was doing in the chatroom with that attitude. They should know better.

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#198424 - 01/07/08 03:41 PM Re: Old survivors are jerks! [Re: cbfull]
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Jason, they were really insensitive, and you should let the Mods know who it was. I am not asking for you to forgive him, but maybe he needs help, but only knows how to strike out.

Take care,
Clifford

#198428 - 01/07/08 04:02 PM Re: Old survivors are jerks! [Re: lostcowboy]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I'm sorry someone said that to you, Jason. That's like the worst thing to say. You just have to ignore the jerks in life and find people good to be with.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#198429 - 01/07/08 04:19 PM Re: Old survivors are jerks! [Re: LandOfShadow]
MDR Offline

Not an old survivor, Jason. Don't let something like that deter you from your recovery. Try not to let it get you down. There are good guys on this board. Take into account the advice that you receive from the good ones and leave the rest. I'm fairly new at this and it's very hard. Stay strong!!!

#198430 - 01/07/08 04:26 PM Re: Old survivors are jerks! [Re: MDR]
JerrySan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Clinton Indiana
jason my abuse was 40 years ago and i'm in the worst shape i
ve ever been in. nobody can just get over it. so please dont judge all of us older ones because of one idiot.

#198431 - 01/07/08 04:37 PM Re: Old survivors are jerks! [Re: JerrySan]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
What all the guys above me said Jason. We've all heard "just get over it" in our lives, but I truly am shocked to hear you heard it on MS.

Mike

#198432 - 01/07/08 04:51 PM Re: Old survivors are jerks! *DELETED* [Re: mogigo]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Post deleted by Freedom49

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.