Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, woodenshoes, Scott1962, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63402 Topics
443277 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#198023 - 01/05/08 10:49 AM Re: Playing the Part. [Re: BJK]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
Bryan, I understand a lot of what you are talking about. My mother wasn't around much but when she was she frequently exaggerating or pretended illness. I have always and still do have a low tolerance for anyone who exaggerates when they are sick. I also attended a 12 step sexual survivors group twice and couldn't tolerate the poor me attitudes that prevailed. It sounded as if they were completely content in remaining victims. :-(
I still have tremendous compassion for CSA victims and will respond to any genuine call for help. Even if it is exaggerated I will offer help with the idea of getting past the superficial part and to the real issue. I know that my judgments are clouded by my own CSA and I don't want to take the chance of denying someone who is in need of help but doesn't know how to show it in genuine terms.

Dan

#198033 - 01/05/08 11:27 AM Re: Playing the Part. [Re: dancr6]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Andy,

It is not a short time program to recover. You will learn more and be more confident in your believes with time, and with help. You will succeed.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.