Newest Members
pjmd, j_f1974, Dan234racer, ajax, marmill252
12431 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mTm (55), Oz (28)
Who's Online
4 registered (manipulated, 3 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12431 Members
74 Forums
63840 Topics
445797 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1979 - 03/31/03 11:26 PM Happy 40th B-Day to me
taipan Offline

Loc: CT
Hi All, Today (April 1st) is my 40 th B-Day.

It's been an up and down couple of weeks for me. I have learned and grown a lot since facing my issues head on. I have also realized I have a long way to go.

I have been feeling very lonely because it's my 40th birthday and it seems no one really cares. My family (mom, dad, 3 brothers and a sister) haven't made an effort to show they care and are there for me now at this very difficult time. Mom and Dad know I'm dealing with the SA issue (although they don't have a clue what I am really going through........they think I was making a choice.......not that I was a vulnerable manipulated little boy). The rest of my family thinks I'm just dealing with a separation and eventual divorce. Either way there is not much support coming from any of them. I haven’t any close friends because I kept everyone at a safe distance all my life.
My wife who says she doesn't have "those feelings for me anymore" has been my best friend and only real support (other than my T and all of you!).

So any way, I have been feeling lonely and decided to make myself a birthday like I would for one of my kids. I went out and bought myself present, balloons, streamers and a table cloth and just decorated my kitchen. So when we wake up in the morning I will have a birthday for little Eddie. The kids may think I’m a bit strange but that s OK. I am going to make bacon and eggs and unwrap my gifts hopefully that will help me in some way.

I'm not so sure what help that will be.....I had fun shopping and decorating although I must say I felt a little pathetic. At 40 years old this all I have in my life…….

Happy birthday to me.

#1980 - 04/01/03 12:11 AM Re: Happy 40th B-Day to me
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, Tai,
We've not met, but I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. Some of us deal with birthdays everyday--why was I even born?--why was I born into this family? I think that you took a positive step by joining MS and celebrating on your own.
40 is an important birthday in our culture--you know, all that "over the hill" crap. From someone who has survived a few years beyond 40, I'm here to wish you many more, happier, birthdays. Since you're working on your issues, I'm certain that you will have happier birthdays.
Here's to you, buddy.
David

#1981 - 04/01/03 09:05 AM Re: Happy 40th B-Day to me
Freedom Offline

Loc: US
Hi Taipan,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TAIPAN.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

AND MANY MANY MORE!

(Sorry, but I don't know how to put music in.)

It is always good to read your posts. I appreciate your willingness to share. The way you handle your struggles brings hope.

So on your birthday I wish you all the best. May your day be full of unexpected joy and uninterrupted peace.

Happy Birthday Taipan!

#1982 - 04/01/03 10:05 AM Re: Happy 40th B-Day to me
PeteT Offline

Loc: Michigan
Happy Birthday Taipan!!!

Your right, you have your freinds here at MS. We all have our birthday hats on and we are going to party hardy today in honor of your 40th Birthday.
Learning and growing is what life is all about. You on the right road, keep up the good work. Make today and every day a special day for yourself for the rest of you life. You deserve it.
Happy Birthday!

PS. I like that idea about buying yourself a birthday present. I'm going to do that for my birthday next month. That way I'll get what I want.

#1983 - 04/01/03 10:21 AM Re: Happy 40th B-Day to me
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Taipan,

What a great idea! Hope you really enjoy it. I have a niece who's birthday is today also. She's seven.

Yes, your life is all any of us really have, and you are doing your best to make the most of yours. WTG!

We're celebrating with you.

Victor

#1984 - 04/01/03 10:40 AM Re: Happy 40th B-Day to me
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Quote:
At 40 years old this all I have in my life…….
Taipan,

Happy Birthday to You!

What you have in your life are guys interested in seeing you recover, because your progress gives us hope, and that hope gives us strength.

Keep the faith, man. I made it past 40 a couple years ago, and in itself turning 40 wasn't fatal, no matter what the media and advertizing industries project.

Give yourself a simple present, too. A walk in a park (it's springtime), watch a ballgame, or better, a kids' team playing/practicing, something simple, inexpensive, and fun.

#1985 - 04/01/03 10:41 AM Re: Happy 40th B-Day to me
hanginon Offline

Loc: sarasota, fl
Happy Birthday to You!

I have been very absent of late - getting great help from my T on all my issues and new to being a SURVIVOR.

YOU ARE A SURVIVOR AND YOU DESERVE THAT BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION MORE THAN ANYONE I KNOW.

I wish we could all be there for you to celebrate together.

Enjoy your day, friend.

(caminante, no hay camino, se hace camino al andar...)

Antonio Machado

#1986 - 04/01/03 05:42 PM Re: Happy 40th B-Day to me
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Taipan
have a great day, wear a smile and look to your future.

And 40 isn't so bad, it's just the beginning really.

Dave ;\) \:D

#1987 - 04/02/03 12:20 AM Re: Happy 40th B-Day to me
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
\:\) Happy Birthday to you \:\)

Know that your fellow survivors are celbrating your life each and every day.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#1988 - 04/02/03 12:28 AM Re: Happy 40th B-Day to me
TheTraveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Richardson, TX
Taipan,

Happy Birthday Man! I hope that you received some very nice presents. It reminds me of what I do for myself at Christmas. I wrap presents to myself early in the year with little notes like "To: Me From: The one who loves you!" or "From: One who thinks you're special." or "From: Your friend Jesus." It may seem silly, but it gets me smiling when I open the gifts, and it lets me think about myself in a good way for awhile. So, I'm for what you are doing. I am so glad that you care enough for yourself that you will do this celebrate. While you say, "it seems no one really cares", at least someone important cares - that's you.

Enjoy.

#1989 - 04/02/03 11:55 PM Re: Happy 40th B-Day to me
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
Happy *belated* birthday wishes from a Brother Survivor and Aries

peace

orodo

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.