Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, Jude, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445532 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#197926 - 01/04/08 05:32 PM Re: Jesus Christ *DELETED* [Re: Lazarus]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Post deleted by MarkK

#197933 - 01/04/08 06:18 PM Re: Jesus Christ [Re: MarkK]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
I certanly don't want to step on anyone's toes with this thread. Personally, I could really care less whether Jesus slept with a man. Doesn't change my opinion one bit.

I just wanted to see how everyone else felt about this.

Respectfully submitted,

Lazarus

#197934 - 01/04/08 06:38 PM Re: Jesus Christ [Re: Lazarus]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

uhhh .. if that's to me - you didn't step on my toes. i was just sharing my opinion (or thought that's what i was doing).

so if i upset you, i am truly sorry. i never meant to do so.

m

#197935 - 01/04/08 06:59 PM Re: Jesus Christ [Re: MarkK]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh no, Mark. It wasn't directed at you at all, but just a general statement, like a disclaimer. You didn't upset me at all.

I know it's a sensitive subject, and thanks to a PM conversation I was having with one of the Moderators, I came to re-think my motivations about posting this. I discovered a lot of "it is not my intention to..." this or the other. It IS my intention to ask other gay men, religious or not, if they saw the broadcast and how they would feel if it were true. That's all.

It's always a quandry whether to put these topics in this forum or in the Spirituality forum. Of course I'd like to invite comments from anyone who is willing to talk about it respectfully. The question is whether this is more about geing Gay or about being Christian. I think it's more about being gay.

I don't want to be accused of 'Jesus bashing' and if it looks like this conversation starts heading that way I'll ask the Mods to move it into the Spirituality Forum.

Sharing opinions is good. That's exactly what we are doing, Mike.

Ric

#197941 - 01/04/08 07:08 PM Re: Jesus Christ [Re: Lazarus]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Ric,

Something you said might be a good topic for another thread: target audience versus non-target audience. After all, we can't prevent a non-target audience from seeing what we intend for another group. I guess it's just the nature of the board.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#197944 - 01/04/08 07:18 PM Re: Jesus Christ [Re: FormerTexan]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mark,

You've read my posts, and you know my stance on theism in general. I just want you to know that your non-judgemental opinion on your religious views is one I truly respect and admire. Please, don't be ashamed of it.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#197950 - 01/04/08 07:30 PM Re: Jesus Christ [Re: Lazarus]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
No, it would make me think what I already think. That the church has only let me know what they want me to know. Although you're de>

#198245 - 01/06/08 02:42 PM Re: Jesus Christ [Re: mogigo]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mike, I had thought of that too. And another thing: just what does the bible classify as a 'young man' or a 'youth'? By all accounts it was the young man who made his desire clear to Jesus, but then again the text states, "Jesus commanded him to come to him. Covering his naked body only in linen, the youth went to Jesus and stayed the night with him, where Jesus taught him of the Kingdom of God."

The more I read this, the more I think it must be a hoax. The phraseology is just to easy to sensationalize, if that were your intent. It is likely that the author of this IS just Jesus-bashing.

Laza... I mean Ric

#198251 - 01/06/08 03:39 PM Re: Jesus Christ [Re: Lazarus]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Agreed Ric, makes me think of the way anything can be made into a sexual overtone if spoken the right way. " I'll tune YOU'RE engine", "I'll butter YOU'RE bread", "I'll pet YOU'RE kitty" lol.

Mike

#198273 - 01/06/08 05:46 PM Re: Jesus Christ [Re: mogigo]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
I would like to add some commentary here perhaps in defense of the Catholic Church which is by no means close to being a perfect institution. To characterize the church as another big brother seems a bit extreme. While I respect differing opinions, I will point out that I think the church is far better and far more than some of it's past and recent history.

Yes there has been scandal and rightfully so over the evil perps who victimized boys for years. That is an ugly irrefutable fact. However, it probably accounts for less than or slightly more than One percent of priests worldwide and perhaps in America. In ancient history there were corrupt church leaders and some rather bizarre disputes and un-Christian like events. That is not the sum of the church.

I would offer the fact that nuns and missionaries have created the first educational systems ever and continue in that still today with excellent academic result. Some of the practices are and have been arguably strict and even archaic. That was also a different time in history. Some Catholics in orders, have done untold acts of charity with the impoverished, poor and sick all over the world and throughout history. The icons and symbols I have heard rants over as being excessive and intimidating to being scary actually were offered as teaching symbols for many people who could not read. Catholic churches were built with great faith and by monies collected from people who wanted them in many cases. Historically, spiritual guidance, hospitals, schools and orphanages have been hallmarks of the Catholic churches. The likes of Mother Teresa and St Francis of Assisi are two well known examples of the Catholic church and there are countless others less notable.

As a practicing Catholic who once struggled with many teachings and various other aspects, I now look at the larger picture. No matter what your beliefs are, I respect them and would only ask for the same from anyone else. I think it is tremendously harmful and unwarranted to imply otherwise. In fairness and for balance, I post this. My hope is that the Catholic church be seen in a larger context than that as a corrupted monolith.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.