Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (Nickie98, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64167 Topics
447764 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#197843 - 01/04/08 08:47 AM Re: Acting Out [Re: dancr6]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Thanks dancr6,
That makes sense to me. Actually, it's spooky how much sense it makes to me. Only, I'm not sure, but I wonder if I never got the memo \:\) . I shouldn't joke, but sometimes I just have to. I think lots of things have been sexualized for me, and I've never untangled them. I'm glad for you that you were able to discern when it wasn't right for you and just wait for it to pass.

Actually, I was responding to evanescense, though what you're saying "speaks to me".

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#197880 - 01/04/08 12:57 PM Re: Acting Out [Re: LandOfShadow]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
Trust me on this, it wasn't without a lot of self disgust.(i am not disgusted by anyone elses sexuality) For the most part I didn't know it would get easier, I just plugged along thinkig nothing but feeling ignorant, just reacting until one time it struck me that it just wasn't working. One of the things I have to attribute to "divine influence" no other way for me to describe it.
(I am a spiritually minded person but not a religious person just to clarify!:-)
I still sexualize inappropriately, I just don't act on it. If my orientation was different I'm sure this whole issue would be a lot more coomplicated.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.