Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441810 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#197635 - 01/02/08 12:46 PM Not a myth
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752

I saw them today,
My ideal couple.
I saw them at the supermarket in Hudson,
They were shopping but not together until the checkout
One more organized than the other

They did not fit the image,
Mid 30s, Not metro, not chic, just them, ordinary, no fuss,
no mirror guys
Kinda spacy, both of them
But I saw the tenderness in each
And I felt happy for them and me because it told me
Love is not a myth.

#197661 - 01/02/08 05:42 PM Re: Not a myth [Re: froggy12]
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
No, it's not a myth. I thought it was impossible too until I visited a friend that I met at a retreat at his home. It was the first anniversary after my wifes death and I wanted to be somewhere else. I saw him with his partner, interacting in that same loving way that I used to interact with my late wife. I knew then that I too could have a loving relationship with someone I loved, no matter what.

That was five years ago. I met my partner about two months after that and we've been together ever since. We're just two ordinary looking guys but everyone who meets us is very surprized to learn that we haven't been together all of our lives. We love each other, respect each other and want to grow old together.

Take good care of yourself,

Steve

#197700 - 01/02/08 11:08 PM Re: Not a myth [Re: Stephen_5]
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
Thanks. Some times I think I am getting delusional but blame it on the very, very cold weather here -4F on a windy January night in central Massachusetts. Argh. Just me, Max (brindle pitt bull who has a live rabbit for a pal) and a jug of espresso - bliss.

I'm a card carrying perv, who survived the Castro - what d'ya expect?

froggy

#197727 - 01/03/08 07:36 AM Re: Not a myth [Re: froggy12]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

I See This all of the time-and it Tears me Apart-----------------A Fatgher Holding His son hand Walking Across the Street--------------------------I Was In A store Recently-------------I Saw A mother with her Son--------------pushing A Cart together----------------------------it Looked Like They Were Engaged in a friendly conversation----------------then she leaned over -caressed his head and gave him a tender kiss on his fore head----------------------------i thought ----whats wrong with these people doing this in brod day light--------------------my heart sank---------------------then i thought about this is the way its suposto be---------------i felt good for that boy-----and mother---------------------------------they are so luckey--------------------------steve

#197752 - 01/03/08 12:19 PM Re: Not a myth [Re: sabata]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
"Love is not a myth"
"i felt good for that boy-----and mother--they are so luckey"

This is so true. Doesn't it feel good to see that and believe it's not a rare thing?

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.