Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (Jim1961, Esposa, Obi, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#19805 - 07/24/05 10:31 PM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
This is a lousy issue, it is such a personal issue to anyone involved in this stuff.

Please do not turn it into personal argument or hurt for others.

When these threads get so long, it is easy to get lost in the main part of the post, because we all have differing ideas.

I think that we need to think that, anyone who is young here, and is seeking litigation in the courts has had the strength to do it.

It is massive step for a young guy to take, there are so many issued involved, and a whole load of spinoff issues, it can be hard.

It can be like, OK I did it, I feel good, then I feel real bad, because of the effect it has on others, then why did I do it? Because of all the crap he goes through.

He may think, OH, I am just getting my own back, and he may think, I am destroying other lives related to this event.

His mind goes one way, maybe through his family pushing him, but he does take the mental anguish of it all.

It is a catch 22, you either tell or you dont, that is totally up to the individual, and the individual will tell to protect others from this hurt.

Please do not turn it into an argument,

ste

#19806 - 07/24/05 10:36 PM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
Soccer Kid Offline

Loc: Missouri
Glaukos,

I do see it from your side. I'm not much older than you are. Believe me I know the concept is scary, but you are doing it and that is awesome, but not going to be easy.

Another important thing to remember is that you can't criticize other people's actions just like we aren't criticizing yours or anyone else's. Jasper simply made a suggestion and was giving his suggestion to the younger crowd. Because X didn't report something doesn't mean he didn't want to, it doesn't mean that he even could have! Sometimes filing charges isn't easy, sometimes the prosecutor won't accept the case, sometimes the police report got lost, sometimes the perp moved away, sometimes he died, sometimes you moved away et cetera... there could be ANY number of reasons why Jasper didn't report his abuser or take him to court, there could be any number of reasons anyone here didn't including you and others. I didn't report my abuse because I didn't know it was abuse. Now I do, and I'm going to report it. I have already started the wheels. One of my perpetrators has already been convicted once...if I get a shot at him, I'm sure he will be again.

Kevin, you look at things in such a dark light. You are worried about your friends, about how the public feels...worried about being called a liar. Well, even if you lose your case or you lose your friends; you need to now look at it from our point of view now...do you think that whoever you prosecute will be trusted to be a babysitter anymore? Even if you lose? Do you think he will ever be able to not have a watchful eye on him? I bet he won't. I'm sure he will be watched like a hawk. That's a good thing.

I'll be reading your local newspaper kevin to see if anything shows up and checking the TV stations near you to see if they say anything. You never know, no one may ever say a word. You might have nothing to worry about.

Good luck mate. It takes a lot of courage to do what you are doing.

"Reality is just an illusion."

#19807 - 07/24/05 10:38 PM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
Soccer Kid Offline

Loc: Missouri
Zipser,

Yes.

J.D. is an abbreviation for attorney.

"Reality is just an illusion."

#19808 - 07/24/05 11:19 PM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
Jasper,

I was not mocking you. I was using your initial post as a starting point to have you and everyone else consider the other side of this issue.

I am sorry you have taken my words the way you did. I do not say you took them the wrong way. You took them as you took them, and I regret if they hurt you in any way. That was never my intention.

From reading all your posts, I felt that you were in a place emotionally and psychologically where you would see what I was getting at; namely that it isn't about what the young can or should do, OR what the adults can or should do, but about what all of us can or should do WHEN WE ARE ABLE TO.

When I said, "We have met the enemy, and he is us.", that was not directed to you, that was a recognition that all of us have a responsibility. Not just in regards to Sexual Abuse, but to so many issues that plague our world. Where does one begin? Hopefully with an evil that has directly touched our own lives.

We are contemporaries, so I feel certain you will remember another slogan. "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." Not just you Jasper. This goes to the man in the mirror too.

For the record, I am 52 years old, so this is not an issue of ageism, or us against them, or anything that would divide us.

Also for the record; Yes, I do disagree with your initial proposition. I think it is unfair and wrong to even suggest that young people have a responsibility to protect other young people. That is something that adults and societies must do, not young people, not children.

I hope that you do not leave becasue of this, but that is your decision. I will delete my post if you wish.

Donald

#19809 - 07/24/05 11:24 PM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I'm locking this topic for now, not removing or editing anything at this time, just locking it while we take a breather and think about what's being said.

Please don't take the topic elsewhere.

Lloydy

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.