Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (pufferfish, 3 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443094 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#19792 - 07/24/05 05:01 AM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
Soccer Kid Offline

Loc: Missouri
Jasper,

You are correct about the mandated reporting. If a child (in the United States) enters a hospital for an operation that is the direct result of abuse or neglect of ANY type, a report MUST be filed. All 50 states require these reports. All reports are required to be investigated.

If any of these children here have been in the hospital for an operation due to their abuse, they will be, if they haven't already, questioned by law enforcement officials about their abuse.

I for one support you Jasper, I think it is silly that you should have to defend yourself against attacks on this one.

While I personally understand the distress that everyone here has undergone, I feel (this i my opinion of course) that everyone, including the children here, has a DUTY to report their abusers to law enforcement. However, I also understand that facing your abuser in court is difficult and may never be possible. But filing an anonymous report, or mailing a letter to the police or sheriff in your county or city giving them a heads up is the least that can be done to help law enforcement officials do their job. Child molesters are criminals, they MUST be stopped. Unfortunately someone has to be hurt before they can be stopped.

I am going to set up a form on my web site and will post the link here. The form can be used to supply your local law enforcement office with any information you want to give anonymously. No one will ever know who you are or where you are, but a report will be filed that is anonymous just to let the police know that X may be a paedophile. As soon as I get it up, I'll let you guys know. I hope you use it.

After doing the little bit of research that I have...I for one know that I fall within the statute of limitations for one of my abusers...I intend to contact a lawyer tonight about it and see what can be done. It's hard, scary and hurts...but it needs to stop.

"Reality is just an illusion."

#19793 - 07/24/05 07:17 AM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
Soccer Kid Offline

As promised:

Here is a link to a tip reporting form. You can fill the form out anonymously if you want, no one will be able to find out who submitted the tip, even if I am served a search warrant for that information, it simply does not exist. I encourage everyone, even if you can't press criminal charges, to fill out and submit the form. It's easy to do and is the next best thing to pressing charges.

( the link has been removed while MS checks that proper legal procedures are being adhered to at this web site.
MS has at this time no affiliation to this site and cannot vouch for anything found there.
Lloydy. )

#19794 - 07/24/05 09:21 AM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Zach,

Thank you for that form. It does not serve purpose for me, as my abuse occurred outside of the united States. But it could help a great number of people here.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#19796 - 07/24/05 02:11 PM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
Zipser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Connecticut
Correction on the earlier post on state statutes of limitations.

For CIVIL actions in CONNECTICUT the statute was amended in 2002 to 30 YEARS (not a typo) past the age of majority. You have until you turn 48 years of age to bring a civil suit for CSA against your perp in my state.

I filed a few weeks before I turned 48. One of the best decisions I ever made. The burden was shifted from me to where it has always belonged, the perp.

Hope this helps.

Zipser

#19797 - 07/24/05 03:49 PM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
sabooka Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: I would like to know also
Wow what a post.

I am not going to enter into the discussion. I would just like to give my support to everyone. That means Nyjah who does not want to prosecute and to Kev who is. For me you are both brave and doing what you need to do. I could not imagine what it is like for either of you or for anyone else for that matter. I offer you my support and say that what ever you feel is best for you is what is best for you.

A little note to the older guys. Remember that we are not teenagers anymore and we do not know what it is like to be one nowadays. We lived in a different time so be careful looking back and saying what we could have done. We (the older guys) are no longer in that position and do not understand how things have changed.

Again I offer my support to all of you what ever your situation is. I hope together we all become stronger.

Jonathan

#19798 - 07/24/05 08:29 PM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
Jasper,

I have no doubt you have a good heart, and meant well, but I can't help but wonder how this thread would have proceeded if it had been made by one of our younger members and it read something like this.

How would you have answered such a post?
Quote:

Stop the Perps NOW--Older people, Advocate!

Maybe I've been really dumb. But it occurred to me just a short while ago that there are older people here who have it within their power to keep more young people from getting hurt.

It's too late for us. We already got hurt, maybe by one of the same people who hurt you. Imagine that for a second. The person who hurt you, the one you never reported hurt one of us.

So now that you're older and not the perp's type anymore, now that you're an adult and have all the privledges and freedoms that we younger people don't have, what are you doing to keep us safe?

Sorry, not us - it's too late for us. But according to the 2000 census, there were 32,919,334 males in the USA under age 16 five years ago. So if it's really one in six, that means there are 5,486,556 new victims since 2000. Wait make that 5,486,555, cause Dylan Groene got murdered after that guy was done with him.

Are you writing letters to the newspapers? Are you writing to your congressmen and senators and the Justice Department and District Attorneys and anyone else you can think of? Do you give money or time to organizations that are helping and trying to put an end to this? Do you do anything in your local community to make sure that the kids around you, the kids you see every day are safe?

What are you doing? You were not safe, and you got hurt. You didn't speak out, and how many years later was it before we were not safe and we got hurt?

I'm pretty sure there are people here in their teens, twenties, thirties, forties, fifties, sixties, and seventies. And the beat goes on. There must be doctors, lawyers, businessmen, truckers, cooks, maybe even a politician.

So now, I get to join this club too. Thanks a lot! Sorry if I sound bitter, but I'm just a kid. I can't vote, I can't drive, I can't work full time, I can't do half the stuff adults can do.

SO WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS? IF IT'S REALLY ONE IN SIX WHO GETS HURT, IT MUST BE ONLY ONE IN THOUSANDS WHO HAS PROBLEMS WITH IT OR THINKS IT REALLY BAD, HUH?

And then they don't want to talk about it anyway. I guess I understand that. I guess I'll be the same way when I grow up. Maybe it will go away by itself. Or maybe some important politicians kid or billionaires kid will get hurt and then something will be done.

Maybe I'll just stay in Gaboogistan forever, cause NOBODY GETS HURT THERE.

A nation's (people's, SPECIES) greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members. ~ Mahatma Ghandi
We have met the enemy, and he is us. - Walt Kelly (from Pogo)

#19799 - 07/24/05 08:57 PM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Don, I have wrote to the national press, I have emailed TV channels who specify in these things, and I got no reply at all.

I asked one guy to run an awareness article in his newspaper with links to MS and other sites, I also offered to write it, no response, but it wont stop me exploring other avenues.

I asked another prominent paper read by the teaching profession to run an article specifically aimed at teachers, and got no response.

I think we all need to do our own little bit, because someone will come up with an ear that listens to such a worthy cause.

It is in the public interest, and the public are unaware of the reality of abuse, and how deep it really goes, but maybe they do not want to take that chance,

I will carry on,

ste

#19801 - 07/24/05 10:15 PM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
Soccer Kid Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Zipser:
Correction on the earlier post on state statutes of limitations.

For CIVIL actions in CONNECTICUT the statute was amended in 2002 to 30 YEARS (not a typo) past the age of majority. You have until you turn 48 years of age to bring a civil suit for CSA against your perp in my state.
Zipser,

This wouldn't be considered a "correction" but an addendum. The limitations that I posted were not civil, they were criminal.

#19803 - 07/24/05 10:20 PM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
Soccer Kid Offline

Don,

I have done just about everything you listed in your post. In addition to that I have started my OWN organization that is very similar to MS and is starting to become a success in a very short period of time.

#19804 - 07/24/05 10:28 PM Re: Stop the Perps NOW--Young people, prosecute!
Zipser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Connecticut
SK,

Addendum it is.

Zipser

Does the JD in JDS mean you're an attorney?

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.