Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (Doubter, finallyhere, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63435 Topics
443442 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#197389 - 12/31/07 12:33 PM Can Moderators adjust some settings?
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
Hello everyone. I have not been at the site much in awhile due to an extremely full schedule and some chronic health problems. But I visited briefly last night and discovered a message in my mailbox. I had the same thought last night as in days past. That is there is no date on the message I wonder if the moderators could possibly create a setting that would indicate the date of the message. What do others think? I hope this is something that might happen in the future. Has anyone else thought about that?
Thanks to all,
Best regards and Happy New Year.
Dan

#197433 - 12/31/07 04:58 PM Re: Can Moderators adjust some settings? [Re: Danbuff]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Hi Dan,

There is a date on the pm's, in two places actually. To the right of the pm before you open it and then again once you do open it in the upper right hand corner. I hope this answers your question.

Trish

#197435 - 12/31/07 05:01 PM Re: Can Moderators adjust some settings? [Re: Trish4850]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Damn that Trish is good! Where did we find her? \:D

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#197440 - 12/31/07 05:19 PM Re: Can Moderators adjust some settings? [Re: roadrunner]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Lucky for me - I found you!

#197475 - 12/31/07 09:13 PM Re: Can Moderators adjust some settings? [Re: Trish4850]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dan,

Has this issue been resolved for you? I trust someone directed you to the personal settings in your profile. Let us know if you are still having difficulties.

Lots of love,

John

#197558 - 01/01/08 04:41 PM Re: Can Moderators adjust some settings? [Re: WalkingSouth]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well I am unsure if this is actually resolved. One moderator Andy sent me a message to adjust the settings for time stamp. I actually did do that. I sent him a message responding. The message I sent was then time stamped with date. It did not display the information from past messages. I have yet to get another message to determine if it is resolved. My thinking is that it will be corrected from this point on. time will tell.
I appreciate all who responded.
Thanks,
Dan

#199005 - 01/11/08 08:42 AM Re: Can Moderators adjust some settings? [Re: Danbuff]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys,
I did adjust settings and so far it seems to be corrected because my Private messages now have send and recieve dates.

This may seem like a stupid question but is it possible to read the discussion board posts and be able to see the dates as well? I only see #197558 and so on.
Thanks again,
Dan

#206834 - 02/22/08 09:32 PM Re: Can Moderators adjust some settings? [Re: Danbuff]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Being new here since Sept 2007 I often have trouble navigating through this site at times. Each week I'm learning something new.
But; holy crap there are times when I log on and forget where I left off. Ugggggh do I feel dumb and out of place at times.
Maybe somebody can tell me if unanswered personal drafted messages in your ( My Stuff ) column can be changed or moved over to a new forum subject ? I dunno know. Great people on this site and I feel genuinely privileged to be here.

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#206840 - 02/22/08 09:49 PM Re: Can Moderators adjust some settings? [Re: jcf1957]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

jcf,

Don't be too hard on yourself. You're doing fine. If I understand you correctly you're asking if you can move unanswered Private Messages to another folder. I don't believe users have that option. You can however click the "Remove myself from this topic" button at the bottom of any private message if you no longer want to have it in your list of messages.

If I have not provided the answer you're looking for give it another try or maybe one of the other men can help out too. \:\)

Lots of love,

John

#207045 - 02/23/08 09:37 PM Re: Can Moderators adjust some settings? [Re: WalkingSouth]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah, I myself have wondered why except for recent posts the date ends up as a '- 4' after the post number. It kind of makes it hard to put a timeline together for things, but maybe not that big of a deal.

I can't seem to figure what setting I may have that would be wrong, or maybe it is an issue with the bulletin board software.

Anyone have any ideas?

#207055 - 02/23/08 10:28 PM Re: Can Moderators adjust some settings? [Re: ericc]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

ericc,

Could you be more specific? I'm not sure what question you're asking.

I seem to have no particular issues following the timeline for posts in threads. All of them have a date and time of posting, or if posted within the last couple days it says something like today or yesterday at such and such a time.

I think the default settings in your preferences are set for Central Standard Time USA. You can change that + or - however many hours you are location is away from that.

Also it may help clear up some confusion if you are in "threaded mode" to go to your preferences and change that setting to "flat mode".

Whatever the case please stay in touch on this issue and we'll try to help you get it ironed out.

John

#207062 - 02/23/08 11:57 PM Re: Can Moderators adjust some settings? [Re: WalkingSouth]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

John,

Here is an example of what I am talking about, though I will try and adjust my settings and see if that helps. Notice how the date goes from '#XXXXXXXX - 4' to '#XXXXXXXX - An actual date':

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3118/datebf8.png

I usually only gets dates if the post in the last few days, otherwise I get the '- 4' for anything earlier than that. Thanks for taking a look, though it may just be the way I have my setting set.

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.