Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
1 registered (Rich1967), 23 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64015 Topics
446753 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#196790 - 12/27/07 10:10 AM Warning: May Trigger ! ! !
Tom S. Offline

Loc: Nashville, Tn
I was prepared to move on after my last thread, but I had just one last parting thought before I leave; Has anyone else noted the enormous number of female perpetrators appearing on the SOR these days?

I just can't help but wonder if the same trend carries over into the psychological trade. It raises the question of whether a 'T' should be considered safe or even a safer advocate just because they are female?

I also just wonder how many of them never get reported or show up with a reprimand on their states board of registry sites, simply because they are female in a female run industry? And what about the vast majority who are un-licensed?? How could an individual in need even know???

Sexual molestation is a genderless crime. Always side in the direction of extreme caution when considering an advocate, and do the required research.

Thanks for the bandwidth MS. Tom S. in Tn.

Edited by walkingsouth (12/28/07 12:33 AM)

#196881 - 12/27/07 09:25 PM Re: Warning: May Trigger ! ! ! [Re: Tom S.]
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Hi Tom, I went back and read all of your original threads. They seem to be all related to how you have been wronged by therapist's. I cannot help but feel that you are not getting much out of the site here.
I myself have not been to a therapist outside of the navy, and that was bad. But when I got on this site, while I did bitch about the therapist, that was just one of my threads on here. I told my survivor's story, and how I felt it had affected my life. Somehow just by telling it on here, with out any therapist or group to work with, it has helped me. I don't feel lower than whale shit any more.

I think for you to get anything out of this site you will have to do the same. If you must talk about these therapist, do it in detail, saying what they did, and how that made you feel, how it related to what your mom did to you. I don't know if I can be much help, but I do know there are others on here who's mothers did them wrong, and they will be able to talk to you about it! Trust me talking about it helps. Feel free to read all about me, and add any advice, as I still need it!

Take care,
Clifford

#196943 - 12/28/07 09:28 AM Re: Warning: May Trigger ! ! ! [Re: lostcowboy]
Tom S. Offline

Loc: Nashville, Tn
Thanks Clifford, for not attacking.

I had already logged out and deleted the bookmark to this site when I began thinking about what you wrote, and I believe you are actually correct. I am certain we have communicated in past visits to this site.
The abuse from mother was so long ago and I can not really recall it. But, the abuse from some of the belligerent women I have been exposed to trying to find professional help, let alone just another individual willing to understand, has been an unreal night mare. I would never treat another person the way I have been treated by a couple of them. Hell; as a male I would most certainly be arrested for doing what they were allowed to me!
Most of the people who practice counseling have some sort of history of being wounded themselves, who doesn't. But acting out their prejudice and hostilities toward the very people they swore to help is totally outrageous. And perpetrating those prejudice and bias through 'empowering lessons' or gender specific 'self help' is totally wrong. Anyone who is in a care giving position should be teaching about how to best utilize an individuals strengths and assets to get along with others and fit in society instead of this defensive self protective stance they perpetrate. Perhaps a male dominance or 'head of household' superiority ministry is something I should start.

I must leave here, but I just want to leave this thought. Anyone who takes advantage of another at a time they are most vulnerable is simply wrong, irregardless of the excuses of their past. And if the vulnerable individual is a juvenile and the trusted professional chooses to sexually molest; well let's just say the God I serve will vindicate even if a board of registry or all the web sites in the world won't.

Thank you for not attacking me Clifford. You and new here Weapher are 2 I have been able to make contact with this time. That's some kind of new record!
Tom S. in Tn.

#197664 - 01/02/08 06:56 PM Re: Warning: May Trigger ! ! ! [Re: Tom S.]
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Hi Tom, I have a book that you should look at "Abused women and Survivor Therapy, by Lenore E. A. Walker. You should read chapter six in particular, Therapist-Patient Sexual Involvement. While the book only covers women maybe you can get some good out of it.

Take care,
Clifford

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.