Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
4 registered (don64, 3 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443326 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#227143 - 05/27/08 05:31 PM Re: Letter to My Uncle [Re: Nyjah]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City Ut
You are inspiring! I hope I can get to where you are now. Being young feels so old and waisted, like there's nothing left at all. like I've died before I ever had a chance to live. I used to call myself a stillborn teenager. I am no longer a teenager, but that is where I died not long ago. Thanks for giving me the courage to go on.

#227256 - 05/28/08 12:01 AM Re: Letter to My Uncle [Re: LW1527]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Joey,
I am so proud of you for being able to put this in writing. I know you hate to hear this and I apologise in advance but I so admire you. (ok you can curse me now), The thing I like most about this letter is the fact that you posted it for others who are struggling with feeling like you shared that were cursed by their perps and are stuck. You will give them hope that the cycle can be broken and they too can heal. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that because you have given hope to people that you do not even know.

#227258 - 05/28/08 12:29 AM Re: Letter to My Uncle [Re: Freedom49]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Hi Joey,

I don't know how I missed this post, made so long ago now. I just wanted to say that I recall chatting with you around the time you made this post, and that, at that time, I was under the impression that your story was totally different than what I see here. I had no idea it was like THIS.

First, you're neglected by your Mom, then you're made vulnerable to that perp Uncle of yours who was not only sexually abusing you, he was threatening your physical well-being as well. Takes a lot of guts to threaten a 6yo kid huh? Could I have a nice tall glass of PTSD with that? Then, AFTER your Mom figures out what was going on, she LETS IT CONTINUE. You got a SHIT deal. You're dealing with MANY different elements of abuse here, and they're all bad, except for one.

The ONE good thing to consider is that you're not festering in silence anymore. You're out in the open and talking about it with groups, a therapist, and your Grandfather. (you mentioned a Grandfather, is there a Grandmother in your life as well? Just curious) This is good BECAUSE all this crap you have to deal with now won't have the same impact on your life (trust me, all the older guys here will agree with me on this) as it otherwise would if you just let it go on unaddressed.

What gave me pause was when you mentioned your perp Uncle being the exact same age as me. I REALLY hope that you find the nerve to confront this piece of shit perp Uncle of yours one day. There is a place for people like him.

#227260 - 05/28/08 01:58 AM Re: Letter to My Uncle [Re: Hauser]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Wow! Powerful! Everything I wanted to say about it has already been said, so I guess this is just a ditto-what-everyone-else-said post.
I'm no T, but I've no doubt that writing a letter like that has got to be a great recovery tool! Your an inspiring example of recovery in action!Thank you for that!

#227266 - 05/28/08 03:20 AM Re: Letter to My Uncle [Re: blueshift]
JasonSmalls Offline

Loc: NJ
Who Will Cry for the Little Boy
by Antwone Fisher

"Who will cry for the little boy, lost and all alone?

Who will cry for the little boy, abandoned without his own?

Who will cry for the little boy? He cried himself to sleep.

Who will cry for the little boy? He never had for keeps.

Who will cry for the little boy? He walked the burning sand.

Who will cry for the little boy? The boy inside the man.

Who will cry for the little boy? Who knows well hurt and pain.

Who will cry for the little boy? He died and died again.

Who will cry for the little boy? A good boy he tried to be.

Who will cry for the little boy, who cries inside of me?"

#227267 - 05/28/08 03:20 AM Re: Letter to My Uncle [Re: JasonSmalls]
JasonSmalls Offline

Loc: NJ
"I will. I always do."

#227280 - 05/28/08 07:46 AM Re: Letter to My Uncle [Re: JasonSmalls]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I cry for all the little boys out there. Huge trigger for me to think to so many are being hurt. It threatens to overwhelm me every time.

Who will cry for the little boy?

I will too.

#227329 - 05/28/08 12:29 PM Re: Letter to My Uncle [Re: JustScott]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Joey

as you can see - that's my signature line - and it always will be - untill little boys no longer have a reason to cry

I cry too Joey - it's ok to cry

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#227416 - 05/28/08 08:17 PM Re: Letter to My Uncle [Re: TJ jeff]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
There is a great deal of crying on this site. For many reasons and all of them valid, but this has got to be the saddest one.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.