Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
4 registered (wiresguy1, tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#196718 - 12/26/07 06:01 PM Son who is a survivor is harming animals....
Lola99 Offline
New Here

This is difficult to talk about. My son is 30. I learned when he was 20-21 that he was raped by a teenaged boy when my son was about 11-12. My son is living life on the edge now. Unable to hold a job, has a gambling addiction that caused him to get into serious debt, is filing bankruptcy, etc. Last week I learned (he admitted this) that he purchased a kitten from a shelter, had her for one month and now the kitten is dead. I don't know what to do. I plan to take him to a psychiatrist for help but don't know if the doctor is required by law to report this. My son seems to have a mental illness and suffers from delusional thoughts. Any advice you can share with this distraught mother is appreciated. Thanks.

#196723 - 12/26/07 07:33 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: Lola99]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Hi Lola,
I'm not a lawyer so can't give advice on laws, they are different depending on where you live.
From my own experience. A psychiatrist patient relationship is confidential. If however he has committed murder, is a danger to himself or others he could be detained in a psychiatric hospital for further evaluation. The psychiatrist will know what to do.

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#196729 - 12/26/07 07:54 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: GateKPR4]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

I Hope he finds the help he needs------------------i lived my whole life on the edge---------------couldnt hold a job -drunk all of the time-its no fun---------------when i was a boy i harmed animals--------------steve

#196732 - 12/26/07 08:08 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: GateKPR4]
Lola99 Offline
New Here

Thanks so much for responding. I didn't know what to expect when I wrote. And thanks for the information. I'm very concerned about my son and know that he needs serious help. I can lead him to it but it will be up to him to go though the door. Thanks again. lola

#196734 - 12/26/07 08:12 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: sabata]
Lola99 Offline
New Here

Thanks, steve, for responding. When my son shared with me what he did last week, he said that it started when he was a boy. He also said he was doing things to cats even before his CSA. So I don't know what to make of this. He said it might have something to do with my spanking him as a child. That really hurt to know that he thinks I'm the source of his issues. I do know that an adult man who harms a little kitten has serious issues that I am in no position to help him with. Thanks again for replying, and I wish you peace and healing. lola

#196746 - 12/26/07 09:26 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: Lola99]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

at least your son has a carring mother------------------my parents on the other hand-knew things were not right------------but never offered a helping hand-steve

#196750 - 12/26/07 09:53 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: sabata]
Lola99 Offline
New Here

I'm sorry to hear that, steve. I wonder if maybe denial was preventing your parents from being able to help you. I know in my own case I had trouble seeing the situation for what it was -- I wanted so much to believe that there was nothing wrong with my son because to do so meant that I had to look at what I brought to the table as his mom. I divorced his dad when he was just 5 years old and was a single parent for many years. We try to do the best we can but sometimes we fall short and our children unfortunately pay the price. Thanks again.

#196762 - 12/26/07 11:43 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: Lola99]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Lola,

He needs intervention. That should be your primary concern. If what he did is against the law and the T has to report it, so be it. It is a well known fact that cruelty and torture of animals can be a precursor or entry crime to treating humans in a similar manner. Sorry to be so blunt, but this is important. The safety of someone may be at stake.

John

#196783 - 12/27/07 08:16 AM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: WalkingSouth]
Lola99 Offline
New Here

Thanks, John. I absolutely agree with you which is why I'm making an appt with a psychiatrist. I've been researching this online and am very disturbed about what happened and what that could mean for the future. I just wanted to know beforehand what to expect...lola

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.