Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
3 registered (motmcd, 2 invisible), 32 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63647 Topics
444512 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#196718 - 12/26/07 06:01 PM Son who is a survivor is harming animals....
Lola99 Offline
New Here

This is difficult to talk about. My son is 30. I learned when he was 20-21 that he was raped by a teenaged boy when my son was about 11-12. My son is living life on the edge now. Unable to hold a job, has a gambling addiction that caused him to get into serious debt, is filing bankruptcy, etc. Last week I learned (he admitted this) that he purchased a kitten from a shelter, had her for one month and now the kitten is dead. I don't know what to do. I plan to take him to a psychiatrist for help but don't know if the doctor is required by law to report this. My son seems to have a mental illness and suffers from delusional thoughts. Any advice you can share with this distraught mother is appreciated. Thanks.

#196723 - 12/26/07 07:33 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: Lola99]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Hi Lola,
I'm not a lawyer so can't give advice on laws, they are different depending on where you live.
From my own experience. A psychiatrist patient relationship is confidential. If however he has committed murder, is a danger to himself or others he could be detained in a psychiatric hospital for further evaluation. The psychiatrist will know what to do.

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#196729 - 12/26/07 07:54 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: GateKPR4]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

I Hope he finds the help he needs------------------i lived my whole life on the edge---------------couldnt hold a job -drunk all of the time-its no fun---------------when i was a boy i harmed animals--------------steve

#196732 - 12/26/07 08:08 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: GateKPR4]
Lola99 Offline
New Here

Thanks so much for responding. I didn't know what to expect when I wrote. And thanks for the information. I'm very concerned about my son and know that he needs serious help. I can lead him to it but it will be up to him to go though the door. Thanks again. lola

#196734 - 12/26/07 08:12 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: sabata]
Lola99 Offline
New Here

Thanks, steve, for responding. When my son shared with me what he did last week, he said that it started when he was a boy. He also said he was doing things to cats even before his CSA. So I don't know what to make of this. He said it might have something to do with my spanking him as a child. That really hurt to know that he thinks I'm the source of his issues. I do know that an adult man who harms a little kitten has serious issues that I am in no position to help him with. Thanks again for replying, and I wish you peace and healing. lola

#196746 - 12/26/07 09:26 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: Lola99]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

at least your son has a carring mother------------------my parents on the other hand-knew things were not right------------but never offered a helping hand-steve

#196750 - 12/26/07 09:53 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: sabata]
Lola99 Offline
New Here

I'm sorry to hear that, steve. I wonder if maybe denial was preventing your parents from being able to help you. I know in my own case I had trouble seeing the situation for what it was -- I wanted so much to believe that there was nothing wrong with my son because to do so meant that I had to look at what I brought to the table as his mom. I divorced his dad when he was just 5 years old and was a single parent for many years. We try to do the best we can but sometimes we fall short and our children unfortunately pay the price. Thanks again.

#196762 - 12/26/07 11:43 PM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: Lola99]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Lola,

He needs intervention. That should be your primary concern. If what he did is against the law and the T has to report it, so be it. It is a well known fact that cruelty and torture of animals can be a precursor or entry crime to treating humans in a similar manner. Sorry to be so blunt, but this is important. The safety of someone may be at stake.

John

#196783 - 12/27/07 08:16 AM Re: Son who is a survivor is harming animals.... [Re: WalkingSouth]
Lola99 Offline
New Here

Thanks, John. I absolutely agree with you which is why I'm making an appt with a psychiatrist. I've been researching this online and am very disturbed about what happened and what that could mean for the future. I just wanted to know beforehand what to expect...lola

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.