Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445460 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#196590 - 12/25/07 09:43 AM Happy/Sad Christmas Eve Memory
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Christmas was special to me when I was a child. I looked forward to my parents’ big party every Christmas Eve. I don’t know why—for a kid who always resented the appearance of the happy family—being asked to play the role in so many ways…that was the one night when I got completely into it.

Maybe Christmas Eve was the night my family really did bury the hatchets and become a beautiful couple with a bright son enjoying the company of their friends with a tree, beautiful lights and delicious food.

The people my mother, my father and I were on Christmas Eve were not frauds. It was the three of us not being scared and angry, and believing that we could be happy and achieve a celebration. We didn’t live our lives that way, but we could have. We had that in us.

Guess I'm angry about that, but also hopeful. I still have that in me somewhere.

#196591 - 12/25/07 09:50 AM Re: Happy/Sad Christmas Eve Memory [Re: MemoryVault]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
David,

You do indeed have that in you. Maybe this is just me, but I firmly believe that none of a boy's true value and character is destroyed by abuse. In recovery we reclaim the potential that was ours all along.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#196878 - 12/27/07 09:04 PM Re: Happy/Sad Christmas Eve Memory [Re: roadrunner]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

glad you can see this in your self------------------david-----------------------------------steve

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.