Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
4 registered (Sonata1, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64184 Topics
447886 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#196413 - 12/23/07 02:58 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: FormerTexan]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
Bryan,

Quote:
All I have to say to God is this: if you want us to follow your silly rules, get your butt down here and tell us yourself.

He already did. ;\)

Or so says ONE person. Hmmmmmm.....

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#196414 - 12/23/07 03:00 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: BJK]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: BJK
Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
Bryan,

Quote:
All I have to say to God is this: if you want us to follow your silly rules, get your butt down here and tell us yourself.

He already did. ;\)

Or so says ONE person. Hmmmmmm.....

Actually - several persons. Hmmmmmm..... indeed

\:\)

#196431 - 12/23/07 05:20 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: FormerTexan]
bocaj Offline
New Here

Thank you formertexan, I chose not to reply initially to this post because everything on here is supposed to be positive and affirming, and I was afraid what I had to say might not come across that way but great reply. Another thing was Jesus never feared death, and a saved man should not fear death for what that means is spending eternity with God in heaven. Any who that is another debate another forum, another time.

#196432 - 12/23/07 05:30 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: BJK]
bocaj Offline
New Here

BJK, you seem to take just about everything offensively related to the bible and christianity but also apparently want everyone to know how much you hate it, which is very offensive to all christians. The way you feel about christianity is pretty close to how most christians feel about being gay, dont you feel that we as christians deserve the same respect and treatment, even if you disagree with all of it as you wish gays to be treated? I think there is a more civilized way of getting your views and points across, if that is what you feel necessary.

#196437 - 12/23/07 06:12 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: bocaj]
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Just my two cents; however, it is interesting following your discussions. In my training to study the Bible - Old and New - it was more important to understand the context, intent and original languge used in the>

#196455 - 12/23/07 08:32 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: ScottyTodd]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

bocaj:

Oh, quite contrary. I have not once condemned Christianity, nor have I condemned any Christians. I have only condemned the Old Testament as an instrument of bigotry, intolerance, and genocide BECAUSE the Old Testament condemns a lot of which I view to be moral and just. That includes homosexuality, masturbation, and my desire to worship, or to not worship, any deity of my choosing. Seriously, how could you possibly consider a statement like "homosexuality is a sin" to not be offensive?

Your "Holy Book" with its archaic mythology declared war on me. I'm simply defending myself.

Bryan

Edited by BJK (12/23/07 08:32 PM)

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#196461 - 12/23/07 08:51 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: FormerTexan]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
We can debate this in the Unmoderated forum or in the Spirituality and Survivor's Forum... But not now.

Mark, I apologize in advance.

Lazarus

Edited by Lazarus (12/24/07 08:21 AM)

#196472 - 12/23/07 10:39 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: Lazarus]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
well, as I am now majorly triggered by the attacks on my faith, my God, and His Word - I think it's time I just bug off and leave this discussion.

Merry Christmas to you all too.

#196475 - 12/23/07 11:00 PM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: MarkK]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
MarkK - If you find specific users are triggering you or are continuously offensive, you can use the "Ignore This User" button after clicking on their user name and viewing their profile. When set, you will only see a message which says "*** You are ignoring this user ***" instead of their actual post. I've found it helps me in not having to see the posts of persons who continually trigger me. Hope this helps. And Merry Christmas to you, too, my friend.

#196498 - 12/24/07 08:32 AM Re: Christian and Gay? [Re: EGL]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Guys,

Can we ratchet the temperature down a bit on this one? I think we all have to recognize that others will disagree us fundamentally on many of these issues. So please, let's try to relate to the discussion and each other in a way that allows the other guy to feel he can continue talking about things without being attacked personally.

For example, if you feel strongly about a point, offer your view as your feeling and not as a fact; present it to the other guys as something to think about and solicit their own views in response.

Issues of religion are rough for survivors in so many ways, but it's for exactly that reason that we ought to make a special effort to talk about them. But somehow we have to do that in a way that doesn't devalidate the other guy. If we insist on being categorical about things then we will never learn anything from each other.

Thanks in advance for giving this some thought.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.