Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (learning2remember), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443356 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#196417 - 12/23/07 03:58 PM "..and not doing a thing about it hasn't helped?"
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
"...and not doing a thing about it hasn't helped?". He's might be a talking beaver in a sleep aid commerical but he has a point. Right now, I'm supposed to be at Santa night. What is Santa night you ask? Its a night where all my relatives come to my aunts house and bring their kids to get a visit from Santa on the towns local firetruck. Why am I not there? Because social situations get me anxious because I'm not good at small talk and my life is an embarassing mess. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Even though I've told myself that if I want anything to be different, I have to do some stuff thats not going to be easy. What adds fuel to the fire this year is my cousin's son is going to be there and he's in 6th grade and 11. I was abused in 7th. I'm worried that he is going to trigger me. But thats not the reason I'm not there, I haven't been there in 3-4 years now.

Guess, I'm going to be like this for the rest of my life. Oh well

Jason

Rozerem Commerical
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZmkzKLLTwc&feature=related

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#196423 - 12/23/07 04:36 PM Re: "..and not doing a thing about it hasn't helped?" [Re: onlyakid]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi, Jason. Sometimes, we just have to do only what we can, regardless of what we feel the social expectations are of us. If you don't feel like you can go to this, then the world is not going to end. You are doing what you need to do. As far as this being this way for the rest of your life, I don't that's necessarily so. As you go further along in the healing process, perhaps this too will change. But until then, do what you can and if you don't feel like you can, then that's o.k. too.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.