Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445342 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#196342 - 12/23/07 01:05 AM Being good to yourself
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Tonight I treated myself to a campfire and some old bluegrass & Christmas music for about 5 hours.
2 hours quiet time with just me & my campfire.
It was really nice just to watch the flames dance around the wood in their usual chaos \:D
The crackling of burning wood, the smell of the smoke from the oak, sitting under an almost full moon and a light fog in the air was comforting and I enjoyed it very much.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#196380 - 12/23/07 10:01 AM Re: Being good to yourself [Re: GateKPR4]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Rick,

It sounds like you had a wonderful evening. I really like the image you painted, it brought a big smile to my face. Ineed to try and find some quiet time like that to reflect on the goodthings that have happened over the past year. Sometimes, in the hussle and bussle of every day life, I get so stressed and everything seems to be going wrong or everything is bad. I never really have been able to relax, I always have to be doing somethingto keep my mind and body occupied. I guess this has been one of my coping mechanisms over the years.

I am so glad that you are making so much progress. I admire you and envy your committment to healing. You should be very proud of yourself.

With warm regards,

Dan

#196388 - 12/23/07 10:32 AM Re: Being good to yourself [Re: DanM]
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Thats cool Rick,

It's important to take some down time from life, expecily when you add recovery to the mix of every day life. Way to look out for you and little Ricky.

James

#196400 - 12/23/07 11:54 AM Re: Being good to yourself [Re: James_dup1]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rick,

What a great idea. I always enjoyed a crackling fire too, and with some good music - perfect. It's great to find the simple ways to be good to ourselves and see how much we gain from that.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#196411 - 12/23/07 02:43 PM Re: Being good to yourself [Re: roadrunner]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Very cool, Rick, and it sounds really relaxing. Glad you had this special time to unwind like this. Finding these quiet kind of moments and being special to ourselves like this is a very important part of the healing process.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.