Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (Scott1962, coffeelady, unhappycamper, 2 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63552 Topics
444014 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#196289 - 12/22/07 03:58 PM . [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 04:05 PM)

#196316 - 12/22/07 07:32 PM Re: Anger at counselor *****PARTS MIGHT TRIGGER***** [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Seven Arrows,

You see your emotional response to all this as a sign of your weakness, but what I see in you is a lot of strength. It takes real courage and guts to do the things you have done so far, and I think it's amazing how far you have come since you first showed up here on the site. This work is rough - no doubt about it.

Like the others above, I'm also impressed with your counselor. You really have a good one, and I'm so glad you are able to talk to him.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#196346 - 12/23/07 05:56 AM Re: Anger at counselor *****PARTS MIGHT TRIGGER***** [Re: roadrunner]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry

Yes i do have a problem with seeing emotions as a weakness. Im trying to get past this, but its so hard.
Courage and guts im not sure. The only reason i am here at this point in my life today. Is my wife. She has helped me and pushed me to try and get all this sorted. Not being melodramatic but i know i would not be here today if it wasn't for the help and support of my wife.
Yes we have come close on several times to splitting up and i have nearly lost my wife on several occasions. She has still stayed with me and helped me get over each crisis.
I know i am so lucky to have found the counselor that i am seeing. He has put up with so much shit from me. For the first time in my life i can say that i trust my counselor even though hes a man. I have never trusted anyone before especially a man.

Two things keep me going, my wife and kids and the support of many here at ms. Thankyou all.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.