Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
5 registered (Cthulhu, aniceguy, WriterKeith, Doubter, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63186 Topics
441831 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#195012 - 12/12/07 07:05 PM Re: Does this qualify as being molested? (trigger? [Re: OneLifeOnly]
OneLifeOnly Offline
New Here

Brothers, thanks for all the replies. What I was able to conjure up from the responses are.

1. I'm still lost.

But I'm starting to see the clearing from the woods. It just comes down to a couple of things I speculated on. If I know it wasn't my fault, and due to my age. Couldn't have changed anything to not make it happen, why do I still think on it so hard? As if I still have not yet found the truth. I guess I question myself on, if he had not been abused, and just seen a magazine or a video of oral sex in it, then took the initiative to act it out with me, would the fault then be on him? I want to know if the whole act was of innocence and should just be condemned from thinking about and it means nothing. Or if there is something underlying and serious here, like it happened for some reason I am just not understanding yet. It's just a hard situation to understand, like I remember playing doctor with my other friends and those never caused us issues. But just how the kid demanded that I do it spontaneously before bed that night. I'd like to understand the meaning behind it all.

#195022 - 12/12/07 09:15 PM Re: Does this qualify as being molested? (trigger? [Re: OneLifeOnly]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
One Life;

I just came upon your thread this morning, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I halfway managed my way through work today, and this evening, as I hung christmas lights on my house, I could think of nothing else. Even now, as I contemplate all the possible things I could say to you, tears well up in my eyes.

Why? Because I am that other boy you talked about in your thread. I am the boy who was turned into a sexual predator at the ripe age of 8. I seduced boys my age, or within a year more or less, into active or passive sex acts... whatever I could talk them into. Sometimes, I even introduced them to my 'Teacher'.

Yes, I was a perpetrator, but I was also a victim of CSA. Where else would an 8 year old boy get the idea of sucking another boy's penis or... god, I can't go into those details...

I have denied, disassociated, rationalized, acted out on, and suffered from all the classic symptoms of CSA. I have been the therapy many times, and over the years finally reconciled my own sexual abuse. What I can't reconcile, what I can't forgive myself for, is what I did to those other boys. I didn't know what it would do to them. I thought it was all in good fun. They enjoyed it too. Sure, I knew what we were doing was wrong according to our parents and society, but I didn't understand why so I didn't pay any attention to that. We were doing grown-up stuff and we were getting away with it. It was exciting and fun. Little did I know the price we would pay for it; especially the price I would pay for it.

The experts (?) say that in these cases, don't blame the children, blame the adult that abused one of them. I can agree with part of that; my abuser was ultimately to blame for abusing me, and imparting the knowledge I used to abuse those other boys. BUT, I knew what I was doing was wrong, like smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol, and I did it anyway. Even after my abuse stopped, I had become a bona-fide sexual predator and was always on the hunt for new boys I could seduce. And I KNEW it was wrong, but I did it anyway.

Like I said, I have been through a lot of therapy that showed me that I was not at fault for my own abuse, and I think I have managed to put that behind me. It didn't happen once, with just one person, and it took a lot to convince me that it wasn't my fault. But I still hold an enourmous amount of guilt over my own complicity in abusing those other boys; because no matter what the experts say is the cause, what I did to them was clearly sexual abuse. I cannot begin to tell you how much I regret doing to them as was done unto me...

That being said, I have a comment and a question for you; First, it is obvious in my mind that your abuser was himself a victim of abuse. How else does a 7 year old boy get the idea to do what he did with you. That's exactly how I got the idea to do what I did to those other boys. So, does knowing that your abuser was acting on inappropriate information fed to him at an inappropriate age by an older person, and that he was totally unaware of the effect that this knowledge would have, not only on himself but on you, change your perception of your abuser? Secondly, knowing what you know now, is it possible for you to forgive you abuser for his actions?

The boy that I was most closely involved with, during and after my abuse, comitted suicide about 10 years after I lost contact with him. Each of the others that I have been able to trace have had a hard time with their lives; jail time, multiple divorces, one was homeless last I knew, etc.

I blame myself for each and every one of these boy's/men's failed lives, and it is a terrible burden to bear. I'd like to ask you, if you were one of those boys/men, would you blame me for your CSA and it's afteraffects? In other words, if you knew that your abuser was also a victim of abuse, would you still blame him for abusing you? Or would you, could you, put the blame on the person who started it all, the person who abused the person who abused you?

I hope I'm making some sense here. This is the topic that haunts me, and bringing it to light again stresses me out. I'm afraid that I have had a couple of drinks before writing this, because if I didn't I'd be in tears and couldn't compose a single thought. Still, I fight back the tears, and have to take a break.

IF I was the boy who abused you at age 7, I don't know how I would tell you how sorry I was. I'd try not to make excuses, and I'd definately try not to make lighthearted jokes about it. I KNOW how serious it is, because I have it coming and going; I know the effects my abuse had on me, and I can certainly imagine the effects my subsequent abuse had on you. I don't know how to ask those boys to forgive me, and I don't know how to ask you to forgive your abuser. I'm not even sure we deserve to be forgiven, any more than any other perpetrator. After all, where do we draw the line? In a 40 yr old screws a 10 year old, that is self-evident. But what about a 9 yr old screwing with an 8 yr old? Obviously both are too young for sex. But what about a 15 yr old and a 14 yr old? OMG, it just gets too complicated to imagine.

I'm sorry, now I'm rambling. I just wanted you to know that ther is a possibility that your abuser feels just as bad about what happened to you as you do. Does that make any difference? I think it might. I know that I feel terrible about what I did, and I may never be able to forgive myself for that... I would do almost anything to change that.

I wish you peace and hope you find happiness.

Sincerely yours,

Lazarus

#195033 - 12/12/07 10:24 PM Re: Does this qualify as being molested? (trigger? [Re: Lazarus]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
If I had known better, I wouldn’t have been so selfish
If I could go back and soothe my unintentional harshness
Please know, I would

When I say “how could I have been rational when I made that choice?”
I am genuine in my concern, still…I made the choice… and we’re here…..
only from this point can I nudge myself to change.

When I tremble at the memory of causing someone pain
Where can I take my remorse?
I can’t change what I did
Asking forgiveness after so many years could be self serving.
Does asking the “Universe” to relay my regret really ease anyone’s pain?
If I scream to the Universe “I’m so sorry, if I had only had a clear picture of the pain I was causing, surely I would have chosen differently” is my scream heard by anyone other than me?
So…. can forgiveness come to me without easing the pain I caused the other person?
What good is forgiveness for my actions without consolation for the recipient?

FLIP IT OVER:

What good does forgiving my trespassers do if I’m still reacting to their trespassing?
They’re gone, I’m here and only in my mind can they receive the benefit of our slates
being wiped clean.

I can’t change future response to the trespass without forgiving myself for reactions I exhibited under the influence of the trespasser:

If, while walking on a path with someone, they started prodding me on with a weapon
I would move quickly and without thought of what lie in the path of escape. I could stumble over something valuable and if it was destroyed, would I be held accountable or would the person attacking me be accountable? The answer seems clearly in my favor, but some would argue differently, saying that we are always free to choose; I could have been more attentive to my chosen escape route, even as the threat of attack was pursuing me, did I fail some cosmic test by running only with the thought of survival? I wonder; how can we be making a clear choice if we are being prodded into our path by threats and inflicted pain? (Especially as a child, with a limited knowledge base of how the world operates)
We can’t be seeing the path clear enough to see what all we will stumble over and therefore we wouldn’t have the information even to make a clear choice as to which way to go. I would say that it isn’t a choice at all, and from this side maybe the only forgiveness necessary is for the recipient to forgive themselves, move on consoling unintentional victims when possible and leaving the attacker to fend for his own sanity.

#195046 - 12/13/07 01:17 AM Re: Does this qualify as being molested? (trigger? [Re: Lazarus]
OneLifeOnly Offline
New Here

Originally Posted By: Lazarus
One Life;

That being said, I have a comment and a question for you; First, it is obvious in my mind that your abuser was himself a victim of abuse. How else does a 7 year old boy get the idea to do what he did with you. That's exactly how I got the idea to do what I did to those other boys. So, does knowing that your abuser was acting on inappropriate information fed to him at an inappropriate age by an older person, and that he was totally unaware of the effect that this knowledge would have, not only on himself but on you, change your perception of your abuser? Secondly, knowing what you know now, is it possible for you to forgive you abuser for his actions?

Lazarus, your post opened my eyes more so that I can see it from the other kid's point of view. And this furthers my belief, that when a child is exposed to acts of this nature from a young age, he isn't going to know whether or not it is acceptable in the general sense. What I believe it boils down to, and what matters to me, is whether or not they were doing it with the intention of knowing it was harmful to the other person. Since it happened to you at such a young age, there was no way you could've fathomed the seriousness. Obviously, if an adult is raped, he would not commence raping others. Because he is matured. Since this happened at a mentally immature age for you, no one knowing your history could pin the sole blame on you. And for the kids that grew with the difficult adulthoods, if only they knew you weren't naturally born a predator, and that you were an innocent boy taken advantage of too, I think that that would have helped.

Since a lot of what I'm finding out right now, I really can't comment on anything any farther than this. But this does make me think of an incident back in my childhood, I believe it was proceeding my event that happened. I was down in my basement with a couple friends we were all the age of 6, and I remember we were pretending we were on some dating show we just viewed on TV, anyhow I had my pants down and told another boy to touch my penis because they were the rules that were required to be accepted on our make believe show. And I never thought of this until now. I know I would never have asked my friends to put their mouth on my penis, as I totally disagreed with that whole situation at that time. But this makes me wonder if I somehow abused that kid who touched my penis, and I remember telling my mom later on that day or the following day because I said my friend "..." touched my penis, and she said just tell him not to do it again, I never told her I told the boy to do this, and the boy never really showed any hesitation that would make be believe that this made a problem arise. But I remember her being real calm and not mad at me or the boy, and I haven't revisited that memory since. So the question I ask, would you consider this an act of sexual abuse being passed on or normal experimental play?

Edited by OneLifeOnly (12/13/07 01:19 AM)

#195072 - 12/13/07 09:25 AM Re: Does this qualify as being molested? (trigger? [Re: OneLifeOnly]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
i think there is a fine line between "ill show you mine if you show me yours" versus "show me yours so i can suck it because it will feel good." yes both are exploration in a way, but one of them is from the point of view of someone who knows what he is doing. which crosses a line. i dont know if that makes sense. but that being said, it creates a difficult issue when boys who were abuse perp other boys. is the boy responsible? or is his perp responsible? i dont have an answer. im still working it all out for me.

#195076 - 12/13/07 10:33 AM Re: Does this qualify as being molested? (trigger? [Re: Jarrad]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
For me, perp #1 was a case of a kid abusing a kid. We were both the same age, and he was the one taking control. Part of me wants to nail him to the wall and make him responsible for his actions, the other part of me thinks he was just a kid who learned what life gave him.

OneLifeOnly, I would say at the very least, it qualifies as a boundary violation, which to me is bad enough.

Edited by FormerTexan (12/13/07 10:38 AM)

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#195136 - 12/13/07 07:37 PM Re: Does this qualify as being molested? (trigger? [Re: FormerTexan]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
I must say that at 7 years of age I was not rational enough to make a decision about the consequences of my actions. If I did something damaging it wasn't because I knew it was damaging. I was passing on learned behaviour at best.

#196300 - 12/22/07 06:54 PM Re: Does this qualify as being molested? (trigger? [Re: dancr6]
OneLifeOnly Offline
New Here

Sometimes, it's like I can know it's not my fault or anything. But for it just doesn't alleviate the strain that I put on my brain thinking over the incident so much. I mean, I ask myself know, why do I even think about it? If none of it is my fault, and this boy was 7 and he didn't know any better either. But still, it's always dwelling on me throughout the day. Is there anything else that needs to be included -for my knowledge- that I do not know not understand. It would make it much easier, if I knew this incident wasn't as serious since it includes two very young kids, in comparison to a teenager or adult, I believe I could start healing quicker.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.